PDA

View Full Version : Could I have mouth cancer? Feel bump on floor of my mouth after eating!

scaredpt
20-02-20, 13:11
I had a weird experience, after I ate yesterday I felt this bump under my tongue and thought it was good stuck there but it was a swollen gland on the floor of my mouth. Could this be cancerous? It feels uncomfortable! It’s a bit better this morning though, would it be reasonable to wait a week or two and then see a doctor?

glassgirlw
20-02-20, 13:18
I have all kinds of lumps and bumps under my tongue. Also on roof of mouth. Have had for years - but haven’t ever been too concerned about them.

scaredpt
20-02-20, 13:29
Yeah but it happened like right after I ate which is really weird. At first I thought an allergic reaction but idk

nomorepanic
20-02-20, 18:37
I would wait and see

scaredpt
20-02-20, 22:32
Just worried what it could be since it randomly swelled up

Fishmanpa
20-02-20, 23:08
My wife gets a similar reaction to certain foods. I'm quite sure that's what's going on here.

Positive thoughts

WiseMonkey
20-02-20, 23:50
I had a weird experience, after I ate yesterday I felt this bump under my tongue and thought it was good stuck there but it was a swollen gland on the floor of my mouth. Could this be cancerous? It feels uncomfortable! It’s a bit better this morning though, would it be reasonable to wait a week or two and then see a doctor?

I used to get something similar but not related to eating, mine became sore and needed antibiotics (it was the size of a small marble). Yes I'd wait as there are glands under your tongue that come up and down and it will likely resolve by itself.

Limeslime
21-02-20, 16:09
I panic about lumps in my mouth too. The dentist told me to wait 3 weeks to see if they go down before worrying! So yeah, I’d say wait.