PDA

View Full Version : atcupunture has anyone tried it???

camilla
26-01-05, 19:51
Tried it today for the first time ever.

Talked to a chinese Dr she took my pulse and said my energy levels are very low. Which is true.

Appartly you need six sessions to be able to make a differences.
She put 10 needles in my back, one at either ankle and elbow and 6 in my head. You hardly notice them going in. once they are in you cant feel them at all. They were in for half an hour it almost sent me to sleep. then they were tooken out. i was given a masage. You might hate the feeling of needles in your head but actually they were the ones i actually noticed the lest. i was terrifed of them going into my feet cos i dont like my feet touched. to my relif she left my feet alone.

I have been given some herbal medicine to take. one to rexlax me the other to help my circulation. They called An Shen Bu Xin Wan and Jiawei Xiaoyao Wan. lol.
Has any one tried chinese Herbal remedies?

Will let know how im getting on after the sessions.

Camilla

razocaine_07
04-02-05, 17:13
I have had accupuncture before and didnt do anything for me. But i have known it working for alot of others. Never tried any chinese remedies

JPF
04-02-05, 18:56
Same for me as razocaine - I had it in my teens for asthma and allergies and it didn't seem to do anything - though he did stop me getting cramp in my instep on my left foot - which hurt like merry hell :)

I've heard good reports about its efficacy with other people (not for anxiety though).

I also saw a meridian on my arm - the weirdest thing - it appeared between two pins and looked like someone had drawn a line with a red ballpoint pen. When he took the needles out, it vanished! So it must do something.

I hope it helps you Camilla.

Good luck and good health

J

jiawei
19-02-05, 10:13
Hello there, I was at my wits end with my husband who was so low and depressed, suffering from panic attacks, living in the past. my local chinese medicine store suggested jiawei xiaoyao wan and I purchased a box for 15 day supply. the change has been nothing short of remarkable, he is relaxed, shares a joke and has not it has been at least three days since he last dwelt upon his child hood.
so you have nothing to loose - go for it..J

jiawei

nomorepanic
19-02-05, 18:36
Hi Jiawei

Welcome to the forum.

I have not heard of that but if it worked for him then great news. Is it just him that suffers or do you suffer too?

Nicola

Karen
19-02-05, 18:43
I've recently started seeing a new therapist and have had some acupuncture, along with hypnotherapy. I find it really helps with the anxiety and I feel much more relaxed afterwards.

The only thing is the effects don't last very long, however I think anything is worth trying, especially as I am against taking medication.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Lenny
19-09-06, 16:02
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello there, I was at my wits end with my husband who was so low and depressed, suffering from panic attacks, living in the past. my local chinese medicine store suggested jiawei xiaoyao wan and I purchased a box for 15 day supply. the change has been nothing short of remarkable, he is relaxed, shares a joke and has not it has been at least three days since he last dwelt upon his child hood.
so you have nothing to loose - go for it..J

jiawei

<div align="right">Originally posted by jiawei - 19 February 2005 : 10:13:45</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Lenny
19-09-06, 16:04
Hello DId that medication the jiawei work or was it the acupuncture ? I suffer badly from anxiety attacks and get very ratty also so was wondering if I should take the tablets?Can you tell me if it was the medication? I would like to start them tonight!

jiawei

<div align="right">Originally posted by jiawei - 19 February 2005 : 10:13:45</div id="right">
[/quote]

sgp64
23-09-06, 19:27
I can recommend acupuncture...my g/f is a qualified acupuncturist and I have had a few treatments from her. It's been proven in research to have beneficial effects in enhancing your mood so it can relieve anxiety and stress. It's no overnight, miracle cure though and you need to have a course of treatments which can work out expensive.

Fly2Freedom
04-11-06, 20:59
Hi,I had a 6 week treatment plus herbs.
My tongue was pale and weak pulse.
She said I had a very weak immune system.
To be honest the massage and cupping used to relax me no end.
I think the needling would take years with me.
They did used to hurt but only because I was so tense,it was me causing the pain,but the ones in my head did not hurt.
They were always inserted in the front of my body,feet,legs,stomach,face and head.
I recommend the massages,pure heaven.[:X]

Love xFlyx

jacq
25-11-06, 12:53
hi, itried accupuncture a couple of years ago when a store opened in my local town centre. unfortunately i was so desperate for a cure at the time and had no self confidence that i just booked up for six sessions on the spot. The first session he took a bit of personal history (he had never heard of thyroxine so couldnt advice me if there are any medical contra-indications between chinese medicine or my underactive thyroid treatment) then attached a small ballbearing to my ear with tape(this fell of within a few hours) and sent me on my way with a bag of herbs that i was to boil for hours on end let it cool and drink it one go. Now i have got young children so i am not adverse to strange smelling packages but this was foul the minute it hit the water, and we all spent the next few hours covering out mouths and gagging everytime we couldnt put off the need to fetch something from the kitchen, so i wasnt expecting that it was going to taste any better but i thought hey i have paid nearly £200 for the privelage and he obviously knows what he is on about so down it went almost in one. My husband has said the even though he has heard the saying a little green around the gills he could never have imagined it untill he saw my face.[xx(] i wont give you the details but it took a lot longer coming up than it did going down (about 48 hours) mentioned it on my next visit and was told to keep going as it takes a while to get into your system, tried to explain that problem wasnt going it in but keeping it in but he was not concerned, i did carry on for another 3 weeks with the same outcome each time as well as having needles placed on my forehead (no problem) the bridge of my nose (smarted a little) and my ankle bone (pain was excrutiating and went the whole length of my body) was wrapped in towels and put under a very hot lamp for half an hour. not a pretty sight after. it is safe to say my forray into accupuncture was not very succesfull and the store itself shut down soon after but i have since been to see a lovely chinese lady who doesnt advertise she works off recomendations and doesnt take any money untill you are satisfied with the way she works and she doesnt make you drink foul concoctions. In future i will make sure i fully research any treatment i want to try.

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

KOKO23CAT
09-12-06, 22:45
I HAVE TRIED ACUPUNCTURE AFTER A TRAUMATIC FEW WEEKS OF PANIC AND ACUTE ANXIETY. I THINK IT IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS GOING TO. I HAD THE FAITH AND IT DID BRING ME SOME RELIEF. YOU MUST BEWARE THOUGH THAT IT CAN, LIKE ALL THERAPY MAKE SYMPTOMS APPEAR WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER. ALSO THE PRACTITIONERS KNOWLEDGE OF WESTERN DRUGS MAY BE LIMITED SO WHEN THEY SAY THAT THE HERBS THEY'RE PRESCRIBING ARE COMPATABLE WITH THE DRUGS YOU ARE ALREADY TAKING THEY MAY BE FIBBING!