PDA

View Full Version : Mental Block

jude
26-01-05, 20:16
Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether anyone else feels constantly detached. I very rarely ever feel as though Im part of whats goin on. I know this feeling is depersonalisation and everyone gets it from time to time, but I feel unreal most of the time. Its like Iv got a mental block stopping me from relating to things. Its really scary and I wonder if Im slipping into some other mental disorder. Im in a dream and Im sure people are starting to notice and wondering if im going mad. This feeling makes me feel really low and I wonder if Im ever going to feel normal again because I will never be able to forget how this feels. I dont feel as though I know myself any more.
Am I making any sense at all???
Im also paranoid that everyone here will get fed up of me posting because I keep going on about the same thing. Rational thought seems to have disappeared!
Sorry this is so long but its hard to explain.
Jude

stimpy
26-01-05, 20:47
I suffered with this frequently. It is a common symptom of anxiety related problems.

The good news is, it does get better, but it can take time.
I was told to touch the floor or walls and even stamp my feet to feel something solid.

I hope you start to feel better soon

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

nomorepanic
26-01-05, 20:58
Jude

Firstly - we will NEVER get fed up of you. No-one here is ever ignored and we will help you all we can. If you remember it was me that suggested you came here cos I thought it would help you and I hope it is.

The feeling of detachment and being unreal is common in panic and I know it well.

I used to feel as though I was not really living and was just there in person. It is hard to accept at the time but it DOES go in time trust me.

I used to make tape recordings of how I feel and it helped to talk about it. That is why so many people on here keep diaries as well.

What you are feeling is anxiety coupled with intense feelings of unreality and not knowing how to snap out of it - this is normal.

The body/mind is overwhelmed with so many signals, symptoms and feelings that it can't cope with processing it all and we end up feeling unreal, tired and fed up/depressed.

It does go in time trust me and it will ease off but you have to able to help your body recover as well - relaxation etc.

Sorry if this is not much help but it is not an exact science I am afraid.

Hope you feel better soon
x

Nicola

jude
26-01-05, 21:05
Liz and Nicola,
Thanks so much. Your replies have made me feel so relieved. This site is helping me so much, its like a life line. I hope I can give back as much help as I am receiving. You are all such lovely people.
Jude

stimpy
26-01-05, 21:11
You are very welcome :D

We know how you feel, because we have all been there too.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

nomorepanic
26-01-05, 21:37
Jude

We have been there and got the t-shirts lol.

I am just pleased to be able to offer some advice as I seem to have been through it all.

I am sure you are giving back more than you realise.#
x

Nicola

jill
26-01-05, 21:50
Hi Jude,

You have explaind it very well. After my first PA because I did not
know what was happening to me and because I was on holiday in
spain I felt the same, mine lasted all week:( I know how scared
you are but it will pass. I myself am alot better now somedays 100%
You are among friends here and we all know how you are feeling.
No-one will get fed up we are all here to support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

I found that I could find the energy....
that I could find the determanation to keep going on.
I learned that your mind can amaze your body.
If you just keep telling yourself, I CAN DO IT.... I CAN DO IT....
I CAN DO IT.

Karen
26-01-05, 22:53
Hi Jude

I can testify that no one here will get fed up with you or ignore you. I continually post about the same thing day after day and no one has ignored me yet.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

theresa
30-01-05, 13:34
Hi Jude,

I do know how you're feeling cos I feel exactly the same and it's some relief to me to know I'm not the only one. I too feel that I don't know myself any more and I frequently worry that I'm developing some mental disorder 'cos my mind clearly isn't working right. Sorry I can't help you any further but I hope you might get some reassurance by knowing you're not alone.

Take care,

Theresa

Meg
01-02-05, 13:01
THe depersonalization is just our bodys way of protecting ourselves.

Exercise , relaxation and good nutrition is the quickest way of getting rid of it bit by bit.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance