PDA

View Full Version : Feel like gagging

pgw84
05-10-07, 20:21
I've been looking through and it appears that throat problems are very common with anxiety, I know I had the lump in throat thing for a couple weeks once, but thankfully went away again.

Since about last Thursday I have been having a strange sort mini spasm feeling in my throat, it makes my mouth feel salivary and I feel like I'm about to gag and be sick, even though I don't feel sick. When this started I had a bit of an annoying tickly cough for a couple of days and dry mouth.

I've had the nausea thing for ages, most days, as well as keep burping and stomach rumbling. But this about to gag thing is new and it feels horrible. I bought some antacids thinking it might be stomach acid, but I don't think they've helped, I haven't been getting heartburn that I'm aware of either. It also seems to come in waves.

Has anyone had a something similar, it just came out of nowhere. :shrug:

Believe
06-10-07, 16:52
Hi pgw,
Yes that you are describing can come from the anxiety. I have had it, but managed to get reed of it. Have you read Michelle post from yesterday on tips of dealing with panic and anxiety, if not read it. Take Care

Believe

jo61
06-10-07, 17:45
Oh yes, been there done that. Nausea and a gagging feeling are par for the course with anxiety. Hope you feel better soon.

pgw84
08-10-07, 17:22
Thank you both for the replies! I read Michelle's post, reading anything like that always helps, although it would of helped more if you gave me the link to it. :p

I think I may be tensing up the back of my throat and tongue a bit, I don't know how I'm doing this, but it doesn't feel right, hopefully this is what caused the the gagging feeling in the first place.

:)