PDA

View Full Version : I survived hospital!

northern_sky
06-10-07, 00:53
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I thought I'd post about my week.

Basically in April I had a massive panic attack that ended up in an ambulance and since then have felt anxious most of the time.

The last month I have had groin pain (2 weeks) then *ahem* anal pain for two weeks (anal fissures :blush: :wacko:). I never like to go to the doctors but this pain is/was awful and I ended up having my first internal exam(s).

Anyway all this ended up with me going from the docs to A&E and then to being admitted for the first time ever to hospital this week. To say I was terrified would be an understatement. I am a very shy person who finds it hard to talk to others etc.

I have survived two nights in hospital though! It wasn't helped as they didn't give me my proper dose of beta blockers the first day which made me fairly weepy and anxious but my family brought my tablets in and I was better then.

My sister also got me a patient line card so I could watch tv that helped along with visitors, my ipod :winks: and drawing the curtain round my bed when I felt like it (even if the nurses felt the need to pull it back grr).

I always thought I'd rather suffer than go to hospital but I have survived it and it wasn't that bad! :ohmy: I am a private person and hate noise and lots of people so it was my worst nightmare but I got through it. :)

groovygranny
06-10-07, 08:35
Woah, sky !

That is some massive achievement! :yesyes:

WELL DONE and thanks for posting - it will surely be of encouragement to others too !!

http://th164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/Fantome_69/th_Welldone.gif

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

anxious
06-10-07, 08:59
Well done Sky:) ,

love anx xx

nanny
06-10-07, 09:06
A MASSIVE WELL DONE

:yesyes:

I had to go into hospital last year to have a fissure op, i was really anxious and EMARRASSED ( i mean come on, it's not everyday you're asleep and someones poking about DOWN THERE is it):blush: but afterward the relief was so great that i'm glad i had it done.

So i know how you must have been feeling, but now it's all over and you must be feeling very proud of yourself.

So A big big well done and a big :bighug1:

Alabasterlyn
06-10-07, 09:27
Well done Sky, I think you did amazingly well there :hugs:

funky chick
06-10-07, 11:55
Aww well done Sky you did so well love Gail xxxx:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

chucklehound
06-10-07, 12:03
WELL DONE!!!!
You did so so well :yesyes:

Anna77
06-10-07, 12:48
Well done Sky - you did great :hugs:

x

honeybee3939
06-10-07, 20:05
Awww Sky

WELL DONE hun !! great to read of your success:yesyes: :yesyes:

Hope you are feeling lots better now too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

northern_sky
07-10-07, 00:16
Thanks everyone. I think if I can survive hospital (and the prodding! :ohmy:) anyone can. It is hugely embarrassing when the doc and about 5 other people turn up at your bed when you are barely awake and ahem *examine* :wacko: you. I have to have an op in 6 weeks that'll be another new experience. Oh well! :ohmy:

Southern_Belle
09-10-07, 17:03
Hi Sky,

You did great considering how hospitals can be (no-one can sleep in them)! You will feel much better once you have the operation and heal from it. We will all be here to support you along the way.

Huge hugs,

Laura

jitterbug
09-10-07, 21:15
Hey! that is excellent well done! see you are stronger than you think it just goes to show! :D well done again xxxxx