PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

jay28
06-10-07, 16:08
Hi everyone, im jason and 26 years old.

Found this site today and started reading different posts which has helped with the way i have been feeling.

I have always worried about things, but the last month i have got alot worse, first i was after reading the internet and comparing my symtoms i was convinced i had testicular cancer, saw the doctor and checked me and he said there was nothing wrong and it was normal, a few days later i thought i had something wrong with my stomach, thought it felt hard, had lost my apetite and was urineating alot, i started getting upset easy and also could not sleep kept waking up. Went to see the doctor again and he examined me, said again everything was normal but thought i was suffering from anxiety, he asked me various questions and got me to fill in a questionaire, he said he wanted to see me again in 2 weeks. I felt happy once i left there, but now a week later i have started to worry that there is something else wrong with me, im constantly checking symtoms on the internet, i keep thinking my head looks swollen, when everybody tells me it is not, i feel light headed or like im in a dream does not seem real, my eyes are often tiered and red also feels like my hearts racing when i feel anxious or worried. Booked an appoitment at the opticians next week and going back to the doctors.

I have also lost interest in everything and finding it hard to concentrate properly at work. Has anyone else ever felt the way i feel and will this pass or will i always feel like this.

trac67
06-10-07, 16:24
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

When my anxiety is at its worst I always lose interest in everything and have a complete loss of motivation, but it does pass.

Also the worst thing you can do is to look up symptoms on the internet because what starts out as a simple headache ends up as a brain tumour once you have googled :wacko:

Take care

Trac xx

Believe
06-10-07, 16:39
Hello Jason,

Hope that you enjoy your stay on NMP. It's a great site and there are great people here with lots of good advice. Hope that you have read the self help section, if not check it out.

Also I agree with Trac, no googling, it only leads to trouble. :wacko:
Hope to see you around.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better In Time !!

funky chick
06-10-07, 16:55
Hi Jason, and welcome hope you soon feel better,
you will find a lot of lovely people on here which im sure will help you not feel so alone take care love Gail xx:hugs: :hugs:

jay28
06-10-07, 17:27
Thank you for your replies and support, it is nice to feel i am not alone.

CliveL
06-10-07, 17:33
Loosing interest in everything is common with anxiety/stress/depression problems. By the way Saturday 9.00 pm is quiz night here in the chat room, come and join us.

groovygranny
06-10-07, 18:59
Hello jason:welcome:to you!

Yep, as everyone else has said - classic symptoms of anx, depression and panic. And yes, we have all been there in some shape or form so you're not alone!

Plenty of help, advice and support here - and a few laughs too!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
06-10-07, 19:08
Hi Jason

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

honeybee3939
06-10-07, 20:01
Hi Jason

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
06-10-07, 20:23
Hi Jason and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. What you've described sound like classic anxiety symptoms and I have lost interest in everything when low too. The feelings do pass though and I'm sure you'll get a lot of help here.

Take care,

Mike :)

ladygrom
07-10-07, 04:03
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) hi jason you are definetly not alone and welcome to nmp its a great site with loads of info .tc elaine x

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7921)

Believe
07-10-07, 12:01
Hi Jason,

Welcome abroad. You will make lots of friends and get great advice.

Glade to meet you, talk with you soon.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That In Time We All Will Get Better.

Lindalou64
07-10-07, 14:05
Hello Jason And Welcome To The Site..........linda

jay28
07-10-07, 16:20
Thanks again everyone for your support, have a question, i go back to see my doctor next week, what do you think will happen, i know he is going to go through a questionaire with me that i filled in, do you get diagnosed with anxiety and does he give you medication or get tests done.

The Fool
08-10-07, 08:36
hi jason well it certainly does sound like you have hypocondria and dont worry i and alot of people here have it it is actually quite easy to get better from it but it will take patience but dont worry we are all here for you :D

The Fool
08-10-07, 08:38
jason it is most likey he will refer you to a psycholoigist and with me they asked me if i wanted meds.

emily
10-10-07, 10:54
Hello Jason,

I also have what you have if I see anything from cancer- Aids etc on the net or in books or even people talking I think for sure I have it!
I have been to the docs every week thinking I have a brain tumor or heart probs etc.
I have been rushed to hospital so many times its untrue! I now have been told I have anxiety and depression and its server.
I have 10 panick attacks a day and have 2 go to crisis every week.
I cant work as I am so messed up I just sit here and cry all day.
We will fight this im sure x