PDA

View Full Version : Thrush? .

Unicorn1985
23-02-20, 05:32
Hi

could someone help me please. I think I have thrush but I don’t have discharge. I’m so itchy around my vagina opening it’s driving me potty.

started off earlier yesterday just feeling a bit itchy, made the mistake of itching using toilet roll. Had a good wash yesterday. Just water and a flannel, like I do every evening. Itching has gotten worse and worse. Put sudocrem on before bed and it soothed it. Woke up at 5am and I feel like I could rip my skin off down there.

is this thrush? Only had it twice before but sure both times I had discharge too.

thanks
x

Scass
23-02-20, 06:49
It sounds like it, I don’t get discharge with it either.

WiseMonkey
23-02-20, 07:32
Hi

could someone help me please. I think I have thrush but I don’t have discharge. I’m so itchy around my vagina opening it’s driving me potty.

started off earlier yesterday just feeling a bit itchy, made the mistake of itching using toilet roll. Had a good wash yesterday. Just water and a flannel, like I do every evening. Itching has gotten worse and worse. Put sudocrem on before bed and it soothed it. Woke up at 5am and I feel like I could rip my skin off down there.

is this thrush? Only had it twice before but sure both times I had discharge too.

thanks
x

Sometimes thrush can be internal & external, or just internal or external. There isn't always discharge with thrush. Usually if it's on the outside there is a pink/red rash. A trip to the Dr would be beneficial as there are other conditions that cause itching as well eg dermatitis.

Unicorn1985
23-02-20, 09:49
Sometimes thrush can be internal & external, or just internal or external. There isn't always discharge with thrush. Usually if it's on the outside there is a pink/red rash. A trip to the Dr would be beneficial as there are other conditions that cause itching as well eg dermatitis.

its red down there and very sore all around the vagina opening. . I used a bath bomb during the week so thinking that may of coursed it. I don’t know. X

thanks scass xx

Neverending_story
24-02-20, 11:10
its red down there and very sore all around the vagina opening. . I used a bath bomb during the week so thinking that may of coursed it. I don’t know. X

thanks scass xx

oooo perfumed bath bombs are a definte cause for thrush - you dont need to have discharge to have thrush - the itch says it all - I wouldnt use sudocrem on there though - canestan duo cream 2% is what you need - plus the tablet pessary you put up the vagina is the best treatment, works within 1-2 days, but you will feel a difference in 24 hours :). If it does not get better in 5 days or you get a rash etc go to the Dr as could be a skin condition (but I think its thrush) x

Its horrible so good luck :)

Unicorn1985
24-02-20, 12:09
oooo perfumed bath bombs are a definte cause for thrush - you dont need to have discharge to have thrush - the itch says it all - I wouldnt use sudocrem on there though - canestan duo cream 2% is what you need - plus the tablet pessary you put up the vagina is the best treatment, works within 1-2 days, but you will feel a difference in 24 hours :). If it does not get better in 5 days or you get a rash etc go to the Dr as could be a skin condition (but I think its thrush) x

Its horrible so good luck :)

Thank you. I purchased that kit and did the pesssry before bed, also been using the cream provided. Was so itchy still during the night and this morning but in the last hour or so it’s really calmed down! So oesssry must be working!

Ive always suffered with getting sore down there since a kid if i use the wrong products, these bath bombs are organic and I’ve used them before. I think I did put the bomb in and then get washed this time. Normally I get washed and then put the bomb in! X

Neverending_story
24-02-20, 12:51
Thank you. I purchased that kit and did the pesssry before bed, also been using the cream provided. Was so itchy still during the night and this morning but in the last hour or so it’s really calmed down! So oesssry must be working!

Ive always suffered with getting sore down there since a kid if i use the wrong products, these bath bombs are organic and I’ve used them before. I think I did put the bomb in and then get washed this time. Normally I get washed and then put the bomb in! X

Yup makes two of us - I remember getting sore when I was a kid using a bar of soap OUCH!!!
I can use a baby wipe believe it or not and I will still get thrush!

Also stick to one wash powder and softner that suits you and dont swap, this can cause thrush also oh and tight clothing...

I cant use bubble baths or salts etc.....next day its a flare up!

Glad the cream is working - I use the whole tube when I have a flare up LOL - Pessary's are brilliant as they 'coat everything' so to speak

p.s. just dont scratch lol

Unicorn1985
26-02-20, 21:24
I did the pesssry three days ago and using the cream once a day after my bath. It’s still it bit sore and itchy. Is that normal? It’s definitely not as bad, it’s not waking me in the night anymore and the itching isn’t unbearable anymore x

Neverending_story
27-02-20, 16:45
I did the pesssry three days ago and using the cream once a day after my bath. It’s still it bit sore and itchy. Is that normal? It’s definitely not as bad, it’s not waking me in the night anymore and the itching isn’t unbearable anymore x

I would use the cream three times a day to be honest, try showering if you can....

Its a good sign its got better, I would give it till the weekend and hopefully it will be gone - I have had it where I have had to use 2 pessary's before the infection went so it might be that if you still feel the same do another one in a week's time - is it red and inflamed (if you have noticed)?

Unicorn1985
27-02-20, 18:17
I would use the cream three times a day to be honest, try showering if you can....

Its a good sign its got better, I would give it till the weekend and hopefully it will be gone - I have had it where I have had to use 2 pessary's before the infection went so it might be that if you still feel the same do another one in a week's time - is it red and inflamed (if you have noticed)?

Ok I’ll do that. It’s barely itched today only started a little in the last hour but I need to have a bath so I’m sure that’s not helping. ( our shower is broken unfortunately)

i habenr looked down there since it started to be honest, hate looking ha ha. It certainly doesn’t feel as sore today x

WiseMonkey
28-02-20, 01:06
Ok I’ll do that. It’s barely itched today only started a little in the last hour but I need to have a bath so I’m sure that’s not helping. ( our shower is broken unfortunately)

i habenr looked down there since it started to be honest, hate looking ha ha. It certainly doesn’t feel as sore today x

I used to get it when I was younger and used the Canesten cream with 6 applicators. Some women need a longer course to clear it. Glad yours is clearing :)

Unicorn1985
29-02-20, 22:32
Started itching again tonight, will keep going with the cream for a couple more days. I swear my anxiety is making it worse.

Thanks wisemknkey x

Neverending_story
02-03-20, 10:59
Started itching again tonight, will keep going with the cream for a couple more days. I swear my anxiety is making it worse.

Thanks wisemknkey x

Poo, sorry only saw your message - how are you feeling?
I would give another Pessary a try, see if that cures it :)

But anxiety will make it worse, what about it is making your anxiety worse?

Unicorn1985
02-03-20, 13:35
Poo, sorry only saw your message - how are you feeling?
I would give another Pessary a try, see if that cures it :)

But anxiety will make it worse, what about it is making your anxiety worse?

Itching has completely gone now and now my period has started. Really praying it doesn’t trigger it again.

i just constantly panic everything is cancer. Got an ulcer on my tongue, now telling myself that could be cancer. It’s ridiculous. Got my first psychologist appointment tomorrow x

Neverending_story
02-03-20, 15:00
Itching has completely gone now and now my period has started. Really praying it doesn’t trigger it again.

i just constantly panic everything is cancer. Got an ulcer on my tongue, now telling myself that could be cancer. It’s ridiculous. Got my first psychologist appointment tomorrow x

Glad the itching has stopped!
I know its hard, I also think everything on me or if something is wrong with me its cancer - I have a cancer phobia quite bad!

I am on anti anxiety meds and my dose has been up'd think its working lol

I hope you get on OK tomorrow and you dont get the symptoms again :)

Unicorn1985
02-03-20, 21:14
Glad the itching has stopped!
I know its hard, I also think everything on me or if something is wrong with me its cancer - I have a cancer phobia quite bad!

I am on anti anxiety meds and my dose has been up'd think its working lol

I hope you get on OK tomorrow and you dont get the symptoms again :)

its horrible isn’t it. I’m so sick of feeling this way! Thanks for your support x

Neverending_story
03-03-20, 09:19
its horrible isn’t it. I’m so sick of feeling this way! Thanks for your support x

No problem at all :)

I hope you feel better down there and its completely gone!

Its weird as last night I thought of it and started feeling like ants crawling over me down there lol - THE MIND!!!!

Let me know how your first session has gone :) x

Unicorn1985
03-03-20, 18:22
No problem at all :)

I hope you feel better down there and its completely gone!

Its weird as last night I thought of it and started feeling like ants crawling over me down there lol - THE MIND!!!!

Let me know how your first session has gone :) x

Its horrible isn’t it. My daughter has nits and I keep scratching my head but I don’t have them lol.

I feel so drained, told her my life story. Diagnosed health anxiety (obviously lol) and ptsd. She’s going to do cbt for the anxiety and emdr I think she said for the ptsd x