PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here - Emetophobia

Indea1984
26-01-05, 21:30
Hi Everyone

My name is Indea and I am 20 years old. I have always been totally petrified of being 's***'. I only descovered this week that there was actually a name for this phobia, and it was such a relief to know I wasnt alone. As I say I have always suffered with this for as long as I remember (aged 5), but since May 2004 I have been really bad. It is on my mind 24/7, I have lost so much weight through not eating, I wont go out to resteraunts or bars, I suffer from really bad panick attacks and have been to the hospital for loads of tests, as I thought there was something really wrong with me, but they all came back negative. Then this week I found a website on emetophobia, and it was like I had found all my answers. I am now going to try hypnotherapy to help me try and get over my fear - althought I am well aware that this will take some time. I also wanted to know if anyone has ever tried tablets called Maxolon, and do they work?

I think it is really great that this forum allows people to talk about their experiences and feeling with people who know exactly where they are coming from.

Looking forward to talking to you all soon.

Best wishes
Indea
x

nomorepanic
26-01-05, 21:42
Hi Indea

Welcome and thanks for posting here - it is good to see you on the forum.

I had hypnotherapy for panic attacks and I loved it - it really helped me and I am sure you will get some benefit from it if you choose to try it.

There are a few sufferers of Emetophobia on here so you are not alone and I am sure that you can all support each other.

Hope to hear more from you.

Nicola

Karen
26-01-05, 22:34
Hi Indea

Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

davebrum
26-01-05, 23:36
hi indea and welcome
this is the best place to be for support and help
xx david

Sara
27-01-05, 11:14
Hi and welcome

I too am a newbie here and am glad to have found this place.

I am glad you have found out what you needed to know about what was happening to you.

Personally I wouldn't have hypnotherapy - apart from my personal religious beliefs about such things I would struggle with it anyway. I know people who have had it though.

Hope you find this place a great support to you

love Sara x

FAN
27-01-05, 18:11
hi and welcome im sure you will find loads of useful advice here

fan x

vernon
27-01-05, 18:40
hiya Indea welcom to the eite. and hope u luck with your recovery. you will find lots of help here. take care. vernon

seh1980
27-01-05, 18:51
hello Indea,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure that you will recive loads of help and support here.

Sarah :D

jill
28-01-05, 08:52
Hi Indea

Welcome to the site

I know that you will get lots of help and support here.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

mico
28-01-05, 13:03
Hi Indea

Welcome to the site

mico

malificent
28-01-05, 16:00
Hi Indea (gorgeous name!)

Welcome to this site and forum, I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can relate to you in a lot of ways, if not all.

I am sure you will find all the support you need

Lucy
xxx

Meg
01-02-05, 12:01
HI Indea,

Maxolon is an antiemetic medication given to stop people being sick from post op drugs or gut issues being the main ones but has a much more comprehensive use too.. It has its own sideffects and certainly is not the best way to control this phobia on a long term basis, however it may be helpful in specific instances- pre interview or pre travel etc.

Good luck with your hypnotherapy

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance