PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Really worried about my anger and frustration.

samtheman
07-10-07, 11:37
I'm really worried about my level of anger and frustraion I have, This all started from Thursday when me and my boss had an argument.

It came to a head last night, The other half was away all day with the kids, so I was left to do the house work, I spent all day cleaning and cutting the grass, the house was shinning.

They came home, I was making at dinner, I came into the living room and to my shock, my 3 year old had turned it into a bomb site after me cleaning all day, I felt this overwhelming rush of anger coming through me, I shouted, he shouted back this made me even more angry, I went to kick one of his toys full smak in my anger but missed, hit the door and have broken my toe http://bbs.stresscenter.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So I spent the best part of the evening in A&E.

This is not the first time this has happened, I have put my fist through a door, smashed plates etc,

I don't know how to cure it, but beneath this anger I feel like bursting into tears, there is a feeling of deep sadness there, I am constantly on edge,

Anyone any advice?? I was doing so well, I had no anxiety problems for about 10 months until Thurday until I had a run in with my boss, One things for sure, I bet he's not at home now depressed and angry over the run in.

SammiB
07-10-07, 12:26
hey sam

you've probably just gone over the anxiety level, that argument with your boss made your stress levels just go wooooo. As you said yourself, underneath it all its just sadness. Maybe its just your way of showing your feelings, maybe it would be good to go and see someone about a way to release your feelings, learn to breathe when you know your angry, then this might not let your anx levels get too high and you will carry on being angry all the time.

and hey what else do u expect a 3 yr old to do they are tornado's right up till their teens but i understand that you need some appreciation for your hard work and i think you did a great job even tho i didn't see it lol

hope that you can find a way to just talk it through

good luck and take care

xxx

Bill
08-10-07, 00:32
Hi Sam,

I've experienced this anger and frustration myself but I took it out on myself. If this isn't a one off, i.e. your boss, then I'd advise you talk to your doctor before you cause any serious harm or demolish the house! lol That's how I felt!

This deep sadness maybe underlying depression. Anger and irritibility are also often symptoms although they often mimic anxiety symptoms too.

Look at the causes of your anger. It won't be what your 3 yr old did because under normal circumstances it probably wouldn't have bothered you. You may simply be under too much stress.

You may need "anger management" to find you a safe method of relieving these feelings but I really would suggest you talk to your doctor about ALL you're feelings before another trigger occurs.

Sam, honestly, I Have been there so I DO know these feelings. I DO understand what you're going through.