PDA

View Full Version : Nearly fainted last night and now really worried

Alabasterlyn
07-10-07, 14:18
I've managed to get myself all worried over an incident that happened during the night and just wondered if anyone else had ever experienced this or might know what it might be.

We were looking after our nearly 6wk old granddaughter Charlotte last night and I had felt fine all day and all evening and went to bed feeling fine too. When Charlotte woke up at 3.30am for a feed and change I got out of bed in just the same way as I always do and started to change her nappy. Quite quickly I found myself feeling really weird. I felt very sick, dizzy, came out in a cold sweat and could feel all the energy draining out of myself. I had just finished changing her nappy when I knew that if I didn't do something I would faint, so I laid down on the bedroom floor for a few minutes. I knew I needed to wash my hands after changing Charlottes nappy so I went to get up and go to the bathroom, but once again the same feelings overwhelmed me and I had to crawl to the bathroom :weep:

I felt better after a few minutes and managed to get back to bed and get some sleep, but I've been worried all today about what happened. The last time I felt like that was when I had a really bad virus with a temperature, but I don't feel like I have a virus right now. I don't think this was an anxiety attack either as I am used to anxiety type dizziness and this was nothing like that at all.

With hindsight I guess I should have taken my blood pressure to see if it had gone very low but I was too preoccupied to do that and by the time I took it later on this morning the reading was totally normal. My partner thought it was just a case of getting out of bed too quickly but I really don't think I did.

I really don't understand what happened and it has scared me somewhat. I ate fine all day yesterday so I don't think it was low blood sugar levels. We've had Charlotte for the night before and although I was tired when I got up during the night I didn't feel like this.

Believe
07-10-07, 14:38
Hi Lyn

I have had this happen if I get up way to fast, and then it passes after i sit back down.

Try not to worry, that will only make it worse for you. Take care

Believe:hugs:

I Believe In Time We All Will Get Better.

darkangel
07-10-07, 14:48
Hi Lyn

This has happened to me on numerous occasions too and Ive never fainted yet. Do you take any medication?

Luv Darkangel x:flowers:

Alabasterlyn
07-10-07, 14:52
Hi Lyn

Do you take any medication?

Luv Darkangel x:flowers:

Yes I take 20mgs of Chlordiazipoxide and 300mgs of Moclobemide daily and I've been taking both of them for a number of years.

Nibbles
07-10-07, 17:28
Hi Lyn,

I'm sorry to hear you felt poorly last night and I hope you're feeling better today.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sometimes I can feel dizzy for no reason so you aren't alone. I'm sure it's not anything to worry about and was probably a case of being active late at night when feeling tired. The fact your blood pressure is normal shows that whatever it was has passed so I would try not to dwell on it.

Take care,

Mike :)

Alabasterlyn
07-10-07, 18:28
Thank you all for your replies, I am trying hard to just accept it was just one of those things and making sure I don't do too much today. I had so looked forward for weeks to having my granddaughter overnight again and I felt I ruined it all by feeling so ill.

mirry
07-10-07, 18:39
if it happens again ask your gp to check your ears , inner ear disorders can get people when they first wake up in the morning :winks: .

Alabasterlyn
07-10-07, 19:24
if it happens again ask your gp to check your ears , inner ear disorders can get people when they first wake up in the morning :winks: .

Thanks for that Mirry, I didn't know that.