PDA

View Full Version : New fear

jay28
07-10-07, 16:15
Hi everyone,

Been having trouble with my eyes recently, they feel sore and look bloodshot, feel worse of a morning, i wake with dryed strands of mucus. Vision seems normal has not really changed. I do work in an office and always at the computer. Today i have been googling, i know i shouldnt, but im now worried that i might have a serious disease or a tumor, going to the opticians to get my eyes checked next week, scared he might find something serious.

*Broken_Mind*
07-10-07, 16:31
Hey jason!

First of all, do NOT google your symptoms - look on this site first 99.9% of the time what you are experiencing will be in a topic on this forum.

Secondly you do not have a tumor or a serious diease. My eyes are terrible, cant focus properly and hurt when i touch them. I got checked out and the doctor told me it was just simply eye strain. I think its almost definitely what you are experiencing.

If you want to talk more pm me becuse August this year i spent the whole time worried about having a brain tumour.

Stacey :)

viv
07-10-07, 16:58
a few years ago i had trouble with my eye i felt like i had something in it all the time and it was bloodshot all the time, and felt sore after 9 months of going to the doctors 4 eye drops and opticians for eye tests there was nothing wrong with them, after that i was put on prozac for post natal depression, my eye problem just went after my meds kicked in, my eye problem was a symptom of stress, i could not believe it. i ve never had that problem since:)

*Broken_Mind*
07-10-07, 17:40
wow, you would never think that would be a cause of stress viv.

Thats very interesting!

jay28
07-10-07, 19:35
Thanks for your replies, it is reasuring to know its not just me with these symtoms. I will stop looking things up on the net, its just making me worse.

jay28
08-10-07, 17:50
Hi everyone, had a bad day today, just not been able to concentrate and felt on edge. With my symtoms i mentioned in the start of this post i noticed last night that i see halos around lights at night. Has anyone suffered with dry eyes syndrome and could this be the cause of my symtoms.

jay28
13-10-07, 16:02
Hi everyone

Been to the opticians today, explained my symtoms, he checked, the back of my eyes, checked me for glucoma and tested my vision, he said that i am short sighted, my vision could be improved slightly by glasses but said it was my choice. He seems to think my problems are due to close up work on the computer when im working.

I feel really releived now i have seen him, hopefully no more worrying. :)

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 16:59
Jason

Glad you got it checked out.

Maybe you could try the glasses and see if things improve at all.