PDA

View Full Version : Low mood after anxiety?

nianxiousguy
24-02-20, 13:17
For the past 6 months I had bad general anxiety, finally came out of that 2 weeks ago but since then I've been left with a low mood. Almost depressed without any symptoms of depression. Maybe it's still just general anxiety and ive lost my fear of this sensation. I did do a depression screening test with my GP and no depression. It's kinda hard to describe this feeling, kind of you just no something isn't right, it's an uneasy sort of a feeling.

Did anyone else go through this?

ankietyjoe
24-02-20, 13:21
Very common. Carry on with life as usual and let it pass. Don't read anything into it.

nianxiousguy
24-02-20, 16:14
Very common. Carry on with life as usual and let it pass. Don't read anything into it.

Really? What is it or what's the explanation behind it?

ankietyjoe
24-02-20, 16:33
Just a low level form of depression. Depression and anxiety go hand in hand.

Like I said, try not to read anything into it......

glassgirlw
24-02-20, 16:39
Really? What is it or what's the explanation behind it?

honestly it can take a good amount of time for anxiety to die down once it’s been flared up. Just because you think you’ve come to terms with it doesn’t mean it’s not still there simmering in the background. Try your best to put it out of your mind and continue on with your days, and it will be gone before you know it.

Fishmanpa
24-02-20, 23:20
Not a sufferer BUT... having dealt with extended periods of extreme stress, what you describe is normal. Your body and mind take a beating when under stress so it only goes to follow you'll feel a bit beat up after a bout with stress and anxiety.

Positive thoughts

nianxiousguy
30-01-21, 10:10
Almost a year on from this post, Anxiety symptoms all gone but this low mood is still here, It doesn't stop me, I work, workout do whatever I want but I notice this mood especially when I am by myself.

Fishmanpa
30-01-21, 12:36
Almost a year on from this post, Anxiety symptoms all gone but this low mood is still here, It doesn't stop me, I work, workout do whatever I want but I notice this mood especially when I am by myself.

That's depression. I went through it after my illnesses. I still went to work and did my everyday things but lost pleasure and stopped doing things I enjoyed and had just a general 'blah' feeling. I recognized it, got some therapy and jump started the recovery with meds so I could focus on getting better.

Positive thoughts