PDA

View Full Version : Keep checking my tongue feel like I’m losing my mind

Murphy93
24-02-20, 19:52
Hi all

Me again with my extensive als fears.

I seemed to be doing okay recently and my body wide twitching is dying down I hope.

However I seem to be convinced my tongue is twitching and I’m now obsessing

I am holding my tongue out . Taking videos and trying to see ( embarrassing and a very low point I know !! )

I can’t seem to keep it still when I hold it out and it definitely twitches after a few seconds . Is this normal do you think ?

I keep whistling and testing my strength I’m close to tears with how insane this is!

ankietyjoe
24-02-20, 20:05
No it's not normal, the checking I mean.

Only you can stop the checking and hyper vigilance. Next time you have the urge to check, go and do something else. You need to break the cycle of habit. There's no secret to it. Health anxiety isn't an 'it'. It's a behaviour.

Murphy93
25-02-20, 17:55
Thanks anxiety joe I really I’m going to try .

I hate this so much . :( the worst rabbit hole I’ve been in in my life I’ve ruined myself with it

ankietyjoe
26-02-20, 10:21
Thanks anxiety joe I really I’m going to try .

I hate this so much . :( the worst rabbit hole I’ve been in in my life I’ve ruined myself with it

You haven't ruined yourself, it's just a rut.

I'm a swearing fanatic, and I used to tell myself to 'shut the fvck up' when I had the urge to check, and I also physically walk away from the place I was sitting/standing in when I had the urge to check or google something. It's a small detail, but mentally important. Walk away from the urge.

Pkstracy
27-02-20, 02:07
um everyones tongue moves its a muscle and has nerves and if you are sticking your tongue out your flexing it and will cause it to move

Murphy93
01-03-20, 21:18
Thanks for the responses guys . Makes sense that it twitches/quivers when being held out ! Gosh what is wrong with me it’s So embarrassing and pathetic