PDA

View Full Version : After effect of anxiety attack?

jalapeno1234
29-02-20, 17:15
I have emetophobia which, thankfully isnt hindered too much as my upper stomach is very strong and except for intermittent IBS issues, I'm generally not too crazy about it as my family are very healthy and Im not around drunk people anymore that Ive finished uni haha. However, on wednesday night I stayed with two friends who have a gorgeous 2 year old who threw up on Monday night. The dad described it as "the exorcist" but I decided to try work through my phobia by staying with them cos he'd promised me she was better by the tuesday night. I managed to function normally the past 2 days and nights and slept around 6-7 hours both nights (normal for me) but this morning I woke up feeling exhausted in my body...not exactly unwell just like I needed more sleep. I had a cup of tea but felt throat sick which sent me into another small anxiety attack but eventually got over it and fancied like food. I've been nibbling on crackers and bread but I cant get rid of this feeling thats in my body - surely if it was anxiety Id have felt it yesterday too? Im too scared to eat more cos my ibs has kicked off again and i keep getting spasms (probably cos of the other day). Im now noticing my backs aching too but Ive been sat at my recording studio for 5 hours... Is this an illness or am I just tired or anxious?

AuroraEllaBelle
01-03-20, 08:09
Hi Jalapeño 👋
I had an anxiety attack on Thursday and I’m still experiencing symptoms too. It sounds like you’re experiencing the same. Thing is when you’ve had an anxiety attack your body remains on high alert for a bit and that’s why you’re feeling tired and unwell.
I know it’s hard but try to reassure yourself that it won’t last forever and it will pass.