PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend experiencing Chest pain

Libra96
01-03-20, 01:11
Hi all,

I suffer from really bad health anxiety. In recent months it hasn't been too bad, however, and I have been quite proud of myself by not panicking (too much anyway) with the recent coronavirus news. But I jave mostly had no worries in the last few months.

But today I am back in panic mode. My boyfriend had a bit of stomach discomfort earlier and then had quite some bad chest pains. It made me super anxious but it passed but now he says he feels a little pain but he doesn't seem that bothered by it. He are literally in bed and he's falling asleep while I'm frantically writing this. I should point out he is only 35 and has a history of smoking (quit nearly three years ago now) and has also spent a large portion of his life inhaling stonedust due to his job. He's experienced chest pains before, and about 4 years ago, according to him he had the full scans and everything and doctors didn't see anything wrong. He often says the pain feels lung related, as if they're trying to clear themselves up. But would this still happen 3 years on? He was working with stone dust a few months ago though.

He is also really stressed and anxious at the moment - in fact he's put his uncomfortable stomach down to his anxiety for the past couple days. Could this have an effect? He has had pains before but not for a few months now and it is unpleasant to know. I feel like I can't sleep now. If they continue into tomorrow I will try to talk him into going to the doctors. Is it likely something harmless?

Thanks

Jase.
01-03-20, 02:08
Sounds like anxiety is rearing its ugly head. It's renowned for causing stomach and digestive problems. I also get chest pain when I'm anxious and that's down to the chest muscles becoming super tight. Not nice at all but absolutely nothing to worry about.

Positive thoughts x