PDA

View Full Version : Are you cancelling your holiday?

phil06
01-03-20, 18:04
With the Coronavirus will millions choose not to travel? I have a holiday next month how do I know I am safe. For example Italy seems to have an outbreak so by just going there I would almost certainly my catch it right?

On a general note we lost Thomas Cook last year so does this mean EasyJet and BA will go bust as I have heard of empty flights abc cancelled flights?

Carys
01-03-20, 19:15
Where are you going on holiday Phil ?

phil06
01-03-20, 19:27
Where are you going on holiday Phil ?

Its Switzerland and France my fear is some outbreak similar to Italy. Perhaps could catch it just by going on the metro?

travelgirl77
01-03-20, 20:03
With the Coronavirus will millions choose not to travel? I have a holiday next month how do I know I am safe. For example Italy seems to have an outbreak so by just going there I would almost certainly my catch it right?

On a general note we lost Thomas Cook last year so does this mean EasyJet and BA will go bust as I have heard of empty flights abc cancelled flights?

I don’t have a holiday, but I am supposed to be flying to Seattle for business on Sunday. I think I have all but decided not to go. I am way less concerned about catching the virus, but what I absolutely don’t want is for some type of quarantine to be put in place while I am there and get stuck across the country from home. Moreover, I believe that king county will eventually tell employers to let employees stay home which will certainly make no sense for my presence up there. I have until Tuesday to cancel my air bnb and my airline is waiving my cancel fee.

whispershadow
01-03-20, 22:50
Am I cancelling my holiday? What holiday? I don't go abroad anyways ......

nomorepanic
01-03-20, 23:13
What's a holiday :roflmao:

whispershadow
01-03-20, 23:18
What's a holiday :roflmao:

*sends Nic and venus on a all expenses paid holiday* :whistles:

phil06
02-03-20, 22:25
Lots of flights cancelled

Are we at a Groundhog Day where all but essential travel is cancelled? Are airports still busy? I’m not near the airport to see but just wondered?

If people are avoiding holidays this must mean there is a greater chance of catching it if you are outside the UK?

Fishmanpa
02-03-20, 22:45
Lots of flights cancelled

Are we at a Groundhog Day where all but essential travel is cancelled? Are airports still busy? I’m not near the airport to see but just wondered?

If people are avoiding holidays this must mean there is a greater chance of catching it if you are outside the UK?

What if your neighbor went to China then came home and moved your bins? :scared15: Now that's something you should be concerned with!

Positive thoughts

Carys
04-03-20, 13:57
Here we go Phil.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51615412

meltedchic
18-03-20, 06:35
All our holidays are cancelled for this year