PDA

View Full Version : Flash when looking side to side in bright room

LilyLabVA
02-03-20, 18:53
When I look at a light/white or blank wall, and I shake my head (like to indicate no) or move my eyes quickly, I get a visual disturbance... its like a bright flash in my side vision. Kinda light but perhaps shadowy as well. Kinda like a circle, medium size and I cant explain if its totally flash or if I can see though it. It lasts such a little amount of time, but I can definitely recreate it by shaking my head. Seems to be more in my left eye but I can make it happen in both. I have heard other people say they have had this in a dim room but what about against a white wall, light background?
I have yearly eye exams and my last one was in November so I am not due.
Eyes are a source of anxiety. I want to be certain this is not a brain issue, very scared.

Fishmanpa
02-03-20, 19:08
When I look at a light/white or blank wall, and I shake my head (like to indicate no) or move my eyes quickly, I get a visual disturbance...

Who does this under normal circumstances and why? :huh:

Positive thoughts

LilyLabVA
02-03-20, 19:30
I was speaking with a colleague and I shook my head “no” and got a glimpse of it. I retried it and it occurred everytime. Just trying to figure out if this is a normal phenomenon or if I should give into the panic that ensures after I realized this was happening. Thanks- Erin

Fishmanpa
02-03-20, 19:40
Sorry LilyLab.... this is a total non-issue. A normal visual anomaly that no one except a hyper-vigilant HA sufferer would even notice... not to mention the absurd self testing behavior :lac:

Positive thoughts