PDA

View Full Version : I was just sick :( scared

kalny
02-03-20, 19:46
Forgive the thread but I'm really worried right now.

I've been having troubles with my stomach recently. Lots of pain and acidity - could be an ulcer. Things have been looking up over the last three days. But today I've been feeling sicky all day. I've been able to ignore it, though.

I took some peppermint capsules this morning and thought it was those. But it has persisted all day. After dinner tonight I took some Rennies.

Shortly after it just happened. It got intense and it happened. I'm freaking out. What is happening to me? I'm so scared. I'm scared enough of being sick as it is.

I dont know what to think. I've had a dry mouth all day and I'm wondering if this is all reflux or something worse! Please help

WiseMonkey
02-03-20, 20:21
Forgive the thread but I'm really worried right now.

I've been having troubles with my stomach recently. Lots of pain and acidity - could be an ulcer. Things have been looking up over the last three days. But today I've been feeling sicky all day. I've been able to ignore it, though.

I took some peppermint capsules this morning and thought it was those. But it has persisted all day. After dinner tonight I took some Rennies.

Shortly after it just happened. It got intense and it happened. I'm freaking out. What is happening to me? I'm so scared. I'm scared enough of being sick as it is.

I dont know what to think. I've had a dry mouth all day and I'm wondering if this is all reflux or something worse! Please help

The next step would be to see your Dr to discuss which medication would be appropriate if you have reflux. Ask you Dr for an H-Plylori test as this bacterium can often affect the stomach too. If it is this then it's easily treated.

Sometimes peppermint can really aggravate stomach issues (I can't take it) so keep off that.

kalny
02-03-20, 20:26
The next step would be to see your Dr to discuss which medication would be appropriate if you have reflux. Ask you Dr for an H-Plylori test as this bacterium can often affect the stomach too. If it is this then it's easily treated.

Sometimes peppermint can really aggravate stomach issues (I can't take it) so keep off that.

Hi Wisemonkey, I believe we spoke the other day.

I've been tested and dont have H Plylori thankfully. I have been prescribed omeprazole but I'm terrified of taking it...

MagicalSprite
27-03-20, 12:50
I’ve taken omeprazole it was brilliant. I also was scared of taking tablets but all was okay. My friend has too much acid and throws up all the time :/ she has no phobia so just rides it out but omeprazole is something I found to be a wonder drug personally x

nomorepanic
27-03-20, 13:12
Take the medication - it will work wonders

debs71
27-03-20, 15:02
Take the Omeprazole. Do not be scared. It is simply to reduce the acidity in your stomach and will make you feel tons better.

This is undoubtedly stress related. I am having wicked bad acid reflux myself since my anxiety ramped up again. It actually woke me the other night as my throat was burning so badly. Some Esomeprazole (sister drug of Omeprazole) sorted it out.

As WiseMonkey said, avoid peppermint. It won't help and in fact, will make things worse. You need bland foods, nothing spicy to help your stomach calm down. No juice or fizzy drinks either!