PDA

View Full Version : Bulbar worry

1234icg
04-03-20, 16:02
Hi all
Here I go again!! Have posted on here before about twitching all over, seen neurologist for my multiple sclerosis check up a month ago and mentioned twitching and that my speech felt off, to be told I was OK!!
So a few weeks ago a new thing happened in that I started constantly swallowing which worried me. It went away, but has now come back literally overnight!! Now I am guilty of visiting forums and I asked the question 'Is excessive swallowing a symptom of als' to be answered 'no it's not' and then got chucked off the site. I do suffer from severe health anxiety which I am currently being helped with, but this excessive swallowing is worrying me!! Any one there that could help before I spiral again?

BlueIris
04-03-20, 16:08
You've been told by a qualified professional that you're okay. Believe it.

1234icg
04-03-20, 16:33
Hi and thanks for replying!!
This has come on since I saw the neurologist though and that's why I'm concerned!! Should I be worried or is it just anxiety?? Can that cause me to swallow so much? I appreciate your help

BlueIris
04-03-20, 16:37
It can absolutely be anxiety, and if there was something up your neurologist would have noticed it a few weeks ago.

1234icg
04-03-20, 16:43
Thanks blue iris
Have to say I have been dealing with health anxiety on this one worry and finding it difficult to get out of it.
I have read alot of other posts that sound similar to mine. But the more I focus on this swallowing issue the more I'm doing it? Does bulbar als start with or have excessive swallowing? I thought you can't swallow

BlueIris
04-03-20, 16:51
I have no clue, it's not a topic I'm particularly interested in. I've had bouts of swallowing compulsively and feeling as though I couldn't when my anxiety's been acting up, though.

1234icg
04-03-20, 18:11
Hi blueiris
It's horrid, I'm just trying to put it down to anxiety!! I'm sure it's that!! Thanks for your help.