PDA

View Full Version : Tennis elbow or tendinitis

Phoenixess
06-03-20, 11:51
Has anyone here had either of the above tennis elbow or tendinitis in their left arm and if so what were your symptoms?
Bloody NHS website told me it could be angina and I really don’t believe that for a second.
It’s like a tightness and a heaviness and dullish pain in my left forearm and elbow crease....any advice thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
06-03-20, 12:04
I have, yes, or possibly golfer's elbow. I had pain from the elbow crease down the forearm, and at its worst I had real trouble with my grip.

Phoenixess
06-03-20, 12:06
I have, yes, or possibly golfer's elbow. I had pain from the elbow crease down the forearm, and at its worst I had real trouble with my grip.

I’ve got a lot of pain now I was palpating at it for ages and stopped and sat still just tried to straighten my arm and it hurt a heck of a lot. I’m just lying down now [emoji3525] what did you find helped relieve it bending it stable seems to help

Carys
06-03-20, 12:29
I had tennis elbow in my right arm, a few years ago and wore an elbow to wrist/hand brace for it for some time. I got it from a repetitive action that I was doing a lot over a few days and it was pretty obvious what had caused it. I recall that I felt most pain in a twisting motion, so if I put my hand on my left outter elbow, the part where the there is a tiny flat bit of bone just to the left of the pointy out elbow bit, and twisted my hand left and right, it was agony. I also felt pain pressing on that part, sheeeeessss anatomy problem I need a word here !! ....umm some ligament on the outter part of the elbow. Anyway, I also felt the standard pain in my forearm and wrist.

Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)

Tennis elbow is caused by the overuse of the forearm, hand and other arm muscles, causing injury to the tendons on the outside area of the elbow. Symptoms include pain on the outside of the elbow that may also be present in the forearm and wrist, which worsens with activity (such as shaking hands, lifting objects, and opening jars). Although this is common in tennis players, anyone who performs repetitive arm and wrist motions may develop tennis elbow, or tendinopathy. Treatment is rest, ice, activity modifications, injections, and in some cases, surgery.

If it hurts on moving then yeah it aint angina, glad you came to that conclusion. It may not be tennis or golfers elbow, which can last many months and be intensely painful, but it could just be a standard ligament joint pain from something you've done.

Phoenixess
06-03-20, 13:10
I had tennis elbow in my right arm, a few years ago and wore an elbow to wrist/hand brace for it for some time. I got it from a repetitive action that I was doing a lot over a few days and it was pretty obvious what had caused it. I recall that I felt most pain in a twisting motion, so if I put my hand on my left outter elbow, the part where the there is a tiny flat bit of bone just to the left of the pointy out elbow bit, and twisted my hand left and right, it was agony. I also felt pain pressing on that part, sheeeeessss anatomy problem I need a word here !! ....umm some ligament on the outter part of the elbow. Anyway, I also felt the standard pain in my forearm and wrist.

If it hurts on moving then yeah it aint angina, glad you came to that conclusion. It may not be tennis or golfers elbow, which can last many months and be intensely painful, but it could just be a standard ligament joint pain from something you've done.

Thanks for sharing yer not sure what it will be but going to keep it rested and some ice and see how I go I had one in my right arm before but cannot remover the sensations or symptoms but I went to a osteopath and he massaged it it hurt worse but then cleared up so I might see how I go and go to him next week if doesn’t improve