PDA

View Full Version : Seeing my nose

Beauch22
07-03-20, 01:36
I’ve had anxiety for going on 5 years now, all towards health. I caught a sinus cold on Sunday. When I was coming home from work Monday I realized I could all of sudden see my nose in the corner of my vision. I can not stop seeing it even when I’m not thinking about it. I always see the shadow of it. I went to the the eye doctor yesterday and he said I have extremely healthy eyes minus my prescription. I’m worried this could be a brain tumour. My best Friday was just diagnosed with 2 weeks ago and I started to research all about them. I am a 25 year old male who’s very active. If anyone has some advice or has heard about this before please let me know. I can not find anything online.

Fishmanpa
07-03-20, 01:42
Bottom line is you're either consciously or unconsciously hyper focusing and diverting your attention to it as under normal circumstances this doesn't happen. Nothing more.

Positive thoughts

Beauch22
07-03-20, 01:48
Should I see a neurologist about this?, or is this definitely linked to my anxiety. I thing that concerns me is even when my attention isn’t drawn to it , i still see it.

NancyW
07-03-20, 03:19
Isn't the power of suggestion amazing? Now I can see mine.

Know what? Everyone can see their nose, that's normal.

You are indeed hyperfocusing.

On another note, I have known several people who have had brain tumors, seeing their nose was NOT a symptom, that's actually insulting.

WiseMonkey
07-03-20, 06:34
Isn't the power of suggestion amazing? Now I can see mine.

Know what? Everyone can see their nose, that's normal.

You are indeed hyperfocusing.

On another note, I have known several people who have had brain tumors, seeing their nose was NOT a symptom, that's actually insulting.

I can see mine and it's an average size! :whistles:

Beauch22
07-03-20, 07:35
I constantly see my nose in my field of vision. It never goes away and I’ve never had this before until Monday night. Since there from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I see it.

BlueIris
07-03-20, 07:43
That doesn't mean it's a big deal, though.

Midnight-mouse
07-03-20, 07:51
I constantly see my nose in my field of vision. It never goes away and I’ve never had this before until Monday night. Since there from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed I see it.

Technically you’ve always been seeing it, only normally the brain filters it out when we are focusing elsewhere because it’s not important!

I see mine too all the time, mainly because I do a lot of up close work and it’s right there after all. I’d be more concerned if you couldn’t see it (you’d have to be like Voldemort!) it’s nothing to be concerned about! You’re just noticing it, it’s like if I say focus on your breathing... now you’re breathing manually and seeing your nose! Just like me!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beauch22
07-03-20, 19:22
I understand that, but my question is why has my brain chosen to not filter it out. Could I be having nerve damage, I’m just freaking out because I’ve had floaters also probably 10 of them in each eye for 6 years now which came on suddenly also. I’m wondering if that’s all linked together. If I’m having and underlying brain issue. My eye doctor has cleared my eyes and also said he can see the floaters but made no other comment about those. I’m seeing my nose even when I’m distracted ( for example) playing ice hockey I see it the whole time even when my focus isn’t on it.

Scass
07-03-20, 20:27
I think floaters come from age, if your eye doctor isn’t worried then you shouldn’t be.

You can probably see your nose because you are focusing on it. Honestly, I never expected to reply to a thread from someone asking why they can see their nose.

ankietyjoe
07-03-20, 20:29
If you look in a mirror, you'll probably discover that your nose is right in between your eyes. And sticks out.

Beauch22
07-03-20, 22:43
Yeah i understand everyone sees there nose, but for my whole life it never obstructed my vision, I see it in the bottom corners of my eyes when I’m looking straight ahead. Then one day out of no where it’s in my line of vision. It wasn’t as if I was ever trying to look at my nose.

nomorepanic
07-03-20, 23:25
I think you are hyper-focusing on it so see it now and nothing more.

whispershadow
07-03-20, 23:53
I think you just noticed your nose and can't un-notice it for some reason :hugs:

BlueIris
08-03-20, 05:58
Beautifully put, Whisper :)

Midnight-mouse
08-03-20, 08:17
Exactly as everyone has said, you’re not filtering it out because even when ‘distracted’ we’re still often in a hyper aware state. Seeing your nose really isn’t something to be worried about, like I said I see mine a lot of the time too. Particularly every time I read this thread title too!

The brain doesn’t actually make it so you can’t see it, ever. Just that it’s only paying attention to the things your focused on making you unaware of it, just like it pieces together information when we blink so it doesn’t feel like we’re ‘missing frames’ hence why at the moment because your still seeing it, it’s just one of those things. The way our senses work is actually quite interesting, like trying to read and listen to someone speak at the same time leads to a jumbled mess in which you’re not getting all of either task, the brain prioritises depending on what we’re thinking and doing.

You’re worried about seeing your nose which means consciously or not you’re thinking about your nose, the end effect of that is that you’re aware of seeing it! Simple as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk