PDA

View Full Version : My experience of living with BPD

whispershadow
08-03-20, 01:27
*work in progress for now*

Borderline Personality Disorder

I wasn't disagnosed until I was already in adulthood, but I struggled with it all my life. I remember when I was a kid, I had problems dealing with my emotions. I would explode without being able to understand the strength of my emotions, not just when I was little but for longer than other kids.

I couldn't vocalise my reasons for the explosions, cause i couldn't understand for myself why I felt that way. In the 90's, BPD was never mentioned at all, didn't even know what it was until disagnosis. Most kids problems were not looked for unless they was severe.

In my 20's, I got tipped over the edge when a relationship broke down and tried one suicide attempt and regularly self harmed.

AmyWillow
08-03-20, 01:36
*work in progress for now*

Borderline Personality Disorder

I wasn't disagnosed until I was already in adulthood, but I struggled with it all my life. I remember when I was a kid, I had problems dealing with my emotions. I would explode without being able to understand the strength of my emotions, not just when I was little but for longer than other kids.

I couldn't vocalise my reasons for the explosions, cause i couldn't understand for myself why I felt that way. In the 90's, BPD was never mentioned at all, didn't even know what it was until disagnosis. Most kids problems were not looked for unless they was severe.

In my 20's, I got tipped over the edge when a relationship broke down and tried one suicide attempt and regularly self harmed.

I can really relate , not understanding yourself, explosions and the strong emotions
although I have a different diagnosis

maybe you understand yourself a little better for writing that ?

:flowers::smile::emot-nod:

whispershadow
08-03-20, 11:45
its a work in progress, AmyWillow

both this that i'm writing about BPD and working on myself :hugs: