PDA

View Full Version : One tonsil not going down after antibiotics

blox123
08-03-20, 17:40
So I went to my dentist for the 2nd time last week about pain and swelling on one side of my face near my jaw, he diagnosed tmj and also said my tonsils were like golf balls and covered in yellow stuff, suggesting Infection and have me a prescription for amoxicillin. I've got another 3 days left on them, I looked at my throat today and one tonsil has gone Down a lot but the other is still huge.

That side has always been bigger, infavt I have posts about it on here from 7 years ago..

Nevertheless its still bigger than normal at the minute and I'm just wondering if this could be normal, I'm starting to worry that it's just not going to go down.

I do suffer from tonsil stones really badly in that tonsil, more than I do in the other. Does anyone know if they can cause tonsils to be big?

Midnight-mouse
08-03-20, 17:47
So I went to my dentist for the 2nd time last week about pain and swelling on one side of my face near my jaw, he diagnosed tmj and also said my tonsils were like golf balls and covered in yellow stuff, suggesting Infection and have me a prescription for amoxicillin. I've got another 3 days left on them, I looked at my throat today and one tonsil has gone Down a lot but the other is still huge.

That side has always been bigger, infavt I have posts about it on here from 7 years ago..

Nevertheless its still bigger than normal at the minute and I'm just wondering if this could be normal, I'm starting to worry that it's just not going to go down.

I do suffer from tonsil stones really badly in that tonsil, more than I do in the other. Does anyone know if they can cause tonsils to be big?

My tonsils never went all the way down after a case of tonsillitis I had. One is still bigger than the other but they are both larger than they were before. Seems to be pretty normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalny
08-03-20, 17:52
My wife has one gigantic tonsil, and one tiny one.

She's had them like that since she was little! I wouldn't worry.

blox123
08-03-20, 18:53
Yeah Ive always had massive tonsils and as far back as I can remember one was bigger than the other anyway, it was one of my first health anxiety episodes..Thinking I had lymphoma.
I just hope the dentist doesn't think it's wierd, he already mentioned at the appt that my tonsils were gross and might be worthy of a tonsillectomy which I absolutely don't want x

blox123
08-03-20, 18:55
Thanks kalny, that's exactly like mine have always been too, I don't know... I think I've just freaked out over somebody actuay saying my tonsils aren't right x

ankietyjoe
09-03-20, 10:32
I think I've just freaked out over somebody actuay saying my tonsils aren't right x

Who said that?

blox123
13-03-20, 09:27
Who said that?
The dentist did.
They both went down by the end of the course of antibiotics but now I have a sore throat when I swallow