PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know anything about Carbon Monoxide?

ItWillPass
08-10-07, 20:30
I am kinda freaking out. Over the weekend out Carbon Monoxide dector went off. So, we called the fire department, and sure enough we had unhealthy levels in the house. I had felt sick with a head ache and racey heart the entire day. I told the firemen that, and they said we had enough to cause symptoms, but probably not enough to kill us. I asked if I should go get checked out, and they said to just stay out of the house until the problem is fixed. So, I was out of the house, but of course still felt terrible. We got the issue with our hot water heater fixed, and the levels were rechecked 2 times, and they have consistantly been at 0. I finally forced myself to go back home. It is almost humorous because over the past few weeks I have become somewhat agorophobic... lol now I am the opposite. I am terrified to be home. I still feel very out of it, and my heart keeps racing. I have convinced myself that I am suffering some type of damage from the exposure. Does anyone know more about this? If thats possible?

P.S MAKE SURE YOU ALL HAVE WORKING CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS!!!!!!

Fraggle
08-10-07, 20:45
Hi

Sorry to hear what happened to you, we have been through the same thing a few years ago and it is so scary luckily like you it was spotted in time.

The symptoms you described are all with Carbon Monoxide but you did the right thing :)

Make sure you get plenty of fresh air over the next few days :) we can totally relate to being scared in the house we had the same problem with the room it happened in to us, we wouldnt go in until we installed a new detector for our own piece of mind and mystics is forever checking it.

Hope this helps alittle.

Brightest Blessings
Fraggle

Bill
09-10-07, 02:29
To help you get over this trauma, is it possible to leave a window open just to reassure you?:shrug: