PDA

View Full Version : Alone for a couple of days

valeriej
09-10-07, 05:37
I can't believe I feel like this, I feel really wobbly. Stomach upset and very anxious. I think it's because my husband has gone away for two days and will be staying overnight in Leicester (a course). The last time I was alone was about 16 years ago and with my anxiety/panic attacks I'm much worse now than I was then. He's only just gone and I'm like http://209.85.12.234/html/emoticons/unsure.gif http://209.85.12.234/html/emoticons/unsure.gif http://209.85.12.234/html/emoticons/unsure.gif how am I going to get through tonight? I am off work today and tomorrow as I cannot travel on public transport because of my panic attacks and claustrophobia so am taking two days off and I cannot get out as I have trouble walking by myself because of anxiety. Once it gets light I think I can manage but the night is the worst as it's dark, like now, and I feel soooooo alone. I just have to keep thinking that my husband's back soon but it seems so far off and I feel sick with my anxiety. I haven't taken a Diazepam (2mg) yet as I took one yesterday morning but I am really praying it gets light soon.

I haven't got anyone who will come and stay with me, I know my neighbour is next door and I have a couple I know over the road but how can you call them in the middle of the night? I've even printed off the Samaritans help line just in case I need it - but I could do with someone just being here with me tonight. My two sisters and oldest brother is on holiday and my younger brother and Mum live a 2 hour journey away, can't even get up there by myself. Roll on Wednesday evening.

I'm trying to think positively saying my husband's just gone to work and it's a day at home for me to craft - want to do a mini-album (scrapbook) for my brother for Christmas but I just wish I could fall asleep for 36 hours and then when I wake up I know my husband's coming home.

Has anyone else experienced this and how do you cope?

tnt808
09-10-07, 09:59
I completely understand what you're going through. Just know that you will make it through these 2 nights. You're strong, capable, and as you said yourself you have things you can do.

It's no fun being lonely, but 2 days is a walk in the park hun. Busy yourself and enjoy the alone time if you're able to.

I will gladly trade your 2 days for my 1 year w/out my hubby.

yorkylover
09-10-07, 13:07
Hi Valerie Im sorry your having such a bad time at the mo.We are all here if you need us.Its Tuesday already so only a few more hours to go and hubby will be home.You have done really really well.try and keep busy if you can.I know the nights are worse.Try having a nice soak in the bath,have a camomile tea and try and go to bed.Read for a while or listen to a relaxation tape or cd.Your doing well and satying strong,you can do this.Just think when he is back,you will have acheived a goal:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

valeriej
09-10-07, 16:00
Thanks for the replies.

I hate clock watching but seem to be doing it. I calmed down for a while and managed to sing along to the radio and do some crafting.

I've now got QVC on and a crafting programme till 4 pm then some other things I normally watch so that should keep me occupied.

Hopefully this time tomorrow hubby will be on his way home. :hugs:

I've had some bad anxiety moments but have kept myself off taking a Diazepam, I don't really like taking them so if I have to take one tonight then I won't worry quite as much if you see what I mean. :D

You are right it'll be a major achievement doing this and I know my neighbour is just next door if I'm desparate. Still I can sit in bed and watch TV, listen to my relaxing CDs as you suggest so hoping the night will soon go.

Thanks for listening, I think it's because I haven't done this before why it's so full of anxiety, but I keep reminding myself my home is my safe haven and I'm safe here and I know my hubby is safe in Leicester as I've been getting regular phone calls from him. I sat on the sofa earlier crafting and my anxiety was there and I told it off and said go away there's nothing to worry about.

Praying I'll be okay for tonight.

yorkylover
09-10-07, 17:19
Valerie you are doing great,your hubby will be so proud of you.If you find you cant sleep come on no panic for a while.Just think tomorrow night hubby will be with you and you can say you spent two nights on your own.:yesyes: What an acheivment.I havent even managed to do that,Iv been on my own for one night only.
Do you have any pets?

jonoaus
10-10-07, 09:16
Hope you managed OK Valerie. I have been in the exact same situation when my girlfriend went away for three nights. Mornings and when I tried to get to sleep were the worst times but I got through it! I had Kalma (alprazolam) to take if I needed it (haven't had those in a long time!).

Anway, remember that it is challenging but worth it. Be strong :)