PDA

View Full Version : Itching/Stabbing Feeling

RyanM1994
10-03-20, 13:04
Hi,

The past couple of weeks have been awful and I think I'm at the lowest point I have ever been.
I broke up with my long term partner 2 months ago, and since then things have gone downhill.
For the past week, I have had to work from home due to overwhelming fears of this spreading Coronavirus, which I don't seem to be able to shake.
Also, I had a root canal carried out 3 weeks back, which is giving me a lot of pain, think it has failed.

So that's a bit of recent background.

For around 5 days I have been experiencing weird Itching episodes.
It started off just in the bath, when the temperature was high and I would itch like crazy. The itch would then continue, at a lower level, for the rest of the evening.
2 days ago, it changed completely. I now have constant itching, but when I get hot I get sharp needle like feelings/pains throughout my whole body until I adjust to the temperature.
This has happened on multiple occasions, in the bath if the temperature is too high, coming inside from the cold and with A/C on in my car.

The itching is very odd, it's like it comes up in a couple of places, then I scratch it and it changes to somewhere else.

I'm scared of MS and Lymphoma, but with Coronavirus spreading quickly I'm worried to make a doctors appointment.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Elise
10-03-20, 13:07
Sorry to hear you’re at a low point, Ryan.

I get sooo itchy after I get out of the bath!

RyanM1994
10-03-20, 13:16
Thanks Elise,
I wish it was a low point just with Anxiety, but everything is bad at the moment.

I do sometimes get severe itching when doing certain things, like if I've been sat down too long then stand up. But this is completely different.

Hope you're doing OK.

maria26
21-11-20, 16:53
Hi,

The past couple of weeks have been awful and I think I'm at the lowest point I have ever been.
I broke up with my long term partner 2 months ago, and since then things have gone downhill.
For the past week, I have had to work from home due to overwhelming fears of this spreading Coronavirus, which I don't seem to be able to shake.
Also, I had a root canal carried out 3 weeks back, which is giving me a lot of pain, think it has failed.

So that's a bit of recent background.

For around 5 days I have been experiencing weird Itching episodes.
It started off just in the bath, when the temperature was high and I would itch like crazy. The itch would then continue, at a lower level, for the rest of the evening.
2 days ago, it changed completely. I now have constant itching, but when I get hot I get sharp needle like feelings/pains throughout my whole body until I adjust to the temperature.
This has happened on multiple occasions, in the bath if the temperature is too high, coming inside from the cold and with A/C on in my car.

The itching is very odd, it's like it comes up in a couple of places, then I scratch it and it changes to somewhere else.

I'm scared of MS and Lymphoma, but with Coronavirus spreading quickly I'm worried to make a doctors appointment.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Ryan I have this now and am do scared. How are you now