PDA

View Full Version : Daughter just diagnosed with flu

Sunflower318
10-03-20, 20:46
Well I'm a disaster. My daughter was sniffily and coughing sunday. She had FLU B. Me, my daughter and my 2 year old all got our flu shots so I hope that gives us a chance. I've heard B is the one that hits kids the hardest and I'm terrified for my 2 year old. I'm an absolute wreck.

glassgirlw
10-03-20, 21:01
I’m definitely not a kid, but I had flu B about a month ago now. I don’t get the flu shot, and mine lasted about 7 days. Wasn’t all that bad really. Rested and pushed fluids but I never really got that “hit by a truck” feeling so many describe. Fever never really went over 100.3. Worst for me was the cough and it lasted a good couple weeks after the fever broke. Just make sure she’s drinking lots and eating where she can. Lots of rest! I’m sure she’ll be fine.

Sunflower318
11-03-20, 01:01
My 10 and 2 year old and myself are all on Tamiflu now. Hoping it passes over us. I took my first pill tonight and my stomach is doing backflips. Hope its just me that is nauseous from it

Sunflower318
11-03-20, 01:36
I've never had the flu and I'm so afraid. I have no idea what im in for. I went and got all sorts of meds just incase. Nyquil for me and mucinex for my daughter and some natural honey stuff for the toddler. Some nose drops and thoat lozenges.