PDA

View Full Version : Nausea is back

Noworryjonny
11-03-20, 11:46
I’ve gone 2 months with no symptoms whatsoever, I’ve been brilliant but last 2 days it’s crept back in I really don’t want to go back to my old self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
11-03-20, 12:12
I really don’t want to go back to my old self

Then don't.....

Well done on the two months.

Now piss off :yesyes:

Noworryjonny
11-03-20, 12:31
I just don’t understand why it’s back, I’ve not felt so good in so long the last two months I haven’t felt anxious but last two days I’ve felt awful again

BlueIris
11-03-20, 12:38
Bodies do stuff, it's no big deal.

KK77
11-03-20, 12:43
I just don’t understand why it’s back, I’ve not felt so good in so long the last two months I haven’t felt anxious but last two days I’ve felt awful again

So your anxiety makes symptoms worse and your symptoms make anxiety worse. Vicious cycle. Therefore, treat your anxiety and you treat symptoms :shades:

Noworryjonny
11-03-20, 12:47
But it has come out of the blue, I wasn’t really feeling anxious about anything until the nausea came

Fishmanpa
11-03-20, 12:50
But it has come out of the blue.....

There's that dragon 'But' again desperately trying to pull you into the rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts

KK77
11-03-20, 12:57
But it has come out of the blue, I wasn’t really feeling anxious about anything until the nausea came

That's not my point though. Whether anxiety causes nausea in the first place is not important. The issue is the vicious cycle that perpetuates and intensifies both nausea and anxiety levels. Hence my advice to treat and control your HA.

Noworryjonny
11-03-20, 13:18
So should I just accept this is sadly an anxiety symptom that will come and go and the less attention I give it the better it will get?

BlueIris
11-03-20, 13:24
Exactly!

Fishmanpa
11-03-20, 13:24
So should I just accept this is sadly an anxiety symptom that will come and go and the less attention I give it the better it will get?

That's what everyone is and has been saying all along ;)

Positive thoughts

KK77
11-03-20, 13:28
I've said before that my nausea comes and goes on a daily basis - but if I stress and get anxious about it, it would be far more intense and likely cause even more anxiety.

Learning not to be triggered the minute your body starts playing up is the key, and that means keeping HA under the thumb.

Noworryjonny
11-03-20, 16:34
For me it’s accepting this is anxiety and not some underlying disease, but I guess it wouldn’t of disappeared after 2 months

ToasterOvens
11-03-20, 21:36
I had nausea over the weekend out of the blue for a couple days in the morning. Reminded me of the nausea I felt when I had HA episodes.

No idea what caused it. I've had excitement, anxiety, bad coffee creamer, etc all cause nausea so I just don't give it much thought. Its just a super common symptom and I think horses and not unicorns when I have it.

ankietyjoe
11-03-20, 21:38
Have you been eating midnight snickers again?

ToasterOvens
11-03-20, 21:42
Not to derail the thread, but had chest pains and nausea and a weird feeling stomach on Monday.

Forgot I ate spicy chili before bed the night before.

Noworryjonny
13-03-20, 10:04
So I had a really good night last night felt great but woke up today and I’m sweating I’m anxious and feel sick :( this is just anxiety right??

Gary A
13-03-20, 10:21
So I had a really good night last night felt great but woke up today and I’m sweating I’m anxious and feel sick :( this is just anxiety right??

Given your history I’d say that’s fairly likely, wouldn’t you?

BlueIris
13-03-20, 10:24
Sounds very likely it's anxiety, yes.

Noworryjonny
13-03-20, 11:03
I felt great last night but now I feel lightheaded and hot and sick! I don’t understand why I’m going back to how I was

BlueIris
13-03-20, 11:10
Because it's always at the back of your mind, and because human bodies are weird and occasionally unpleasant things.

Gary A
13-03-20, 11:30
I felt great last night but now I feel lightheaded and hot and sick! I don’t understand why I’m going back to how I was

I don’t get this. You ask if it’s anxiety, you’re told that more than likely it is, then you almost seem to argue against it being anxiety.

What do you think it is?

KK77
13-03-20, 11:55
I don’t get this. You ask if it’s anxiety, you’re told that more than likely it is, then you almost seem to argue against it being anxiety.

What do you think it is?

For me it’s accepting this is anxiety and not some underlying disease, but I guess it wouldn’t of disappeared after 2 months

Unfortunately, Jonny doesn't appear ready to accept that his symptoms aren't Crohn's, IBD or some other serious organic disease.

I don't know how many times we can repeat ourselves: Relapses occur and it's why treating anxiety must be an ongoing process.