PDA

View Full Version : Went to the doctors

Reyly
12-03-20, 23:27
I was having a horrible morning, anxiety was through the roof, so I bit the bullet and I called to make an appointment. When they asked for the reason why, they told me to come in immediately. I went and my heart was racing. When they checked my vitals, first they put the pulse meter on and it was 110 and the moment the put the blood pressure cuff, I got nervous and my bpm jumped to 140, I started deep breathing and it slowly went down, the nurse was waiting for it to go down before we moved on, I got down to 110 and the nurse started talking to me which it calmed me and I got it down to 94, but the moment she said to look that it was down it jumps back to the 110s. She looked worried.
They put me in the room and I had a panic attack because of what I just saw. Doctor came in and I told him everything from my last post. And I started experiencing the pounding heart that feels like it’s going to explode, and heart was racing. I told him and he quickly listened to my chest and he said it sounded fine just fast heart rate. And sent me to get an EKG, it was okay no irregularities just fast heart rate. We talked and he said it’s anxiety. But we will do blood work and xrays. And he prescribed diazepam, he said after I asked that if my heart doesn’t calm down with it then there’s something going on.
Well when I got home I had another massive attack. I took it, and called him up because heart was really racing. They said give it some time and in 30 minutes they were going to call back. When they called back I was calm and almost sleepy, and right now 2 hours later. My heart is starting to beat fast and I get butterflies in my stomach and thoughts that I really do have something, so I am getting anxious again. I am scared it will be my heart. I don’t know what to do anymore. This is getting worse everyday now. Just today 4 panic attacks.
Yesterday it was 2.
I’m scared the mes isn’t working. What if I do have something wrong? Deep down inside I feel like something is wrong. I have also started burping a lot today. So it makes me fear that this is indigestion that leads up to a heart attack.
I feel cold and I’m shivering can this cause the heart rate to be up?

Carys
13-03-20, 14:54
Well, what you are describing sounds totally like too much adrenaline rushing around your system to me. A fear of there being something wrong your heart, or having a heart attack are a major trigger in people who have anxiety disorders. During a major anxiety episode, when I used to get them badly, my bmp could reach much much higher than 140, infact to me that sounds like you are healthy younger person if it only gets to 140. You had an ECG, and it showed nothing, just the fact that your heart was doing what it was meant to do - respond to adrenaline. Its the 'fight or flight' response, and is natural in human-beings. In ye oldern days the adrenaline would be secreted into the blood stream to get you ready to run off at high speed, increasing the heart rate increases the oxygen flow to the muscles. However, your 'fight or flight' isn't a real physical one, its a mentally triggered one to a percieved threat, but the body will react in the same was as it always does for threatening situations.

Reyly
13-03-20, 17:13
Well, what you are describing sounds totally like too much adrenaline rushing around your system to me. A fear of there being something wrong your heart, or having a heart attack are a major trigger in people who have anxiety disorders. During a major anxiety episode, when I used to get them badly, my bmp could reach much much higher than 140, infact to me that sounds like you are healthy younger person if it only gets to 140. You had an ECG, and it showed nothing, just the fact that your heart was doing what it was meant to do - respond to adrenaline. Its the 'fight or flight' response, and is natural in human-beings. In ye oldern days the adrenaline would be secreted into the blood stream to get you ready to run off at high speed, increasing the heart rate increases the oxygen flow to the muscles. However, your 'fight or flight' isn't a real physical one, its a mentally triggered one to a percieved threat, but the body will react in the same was as it always does for threatening situations.

Yea 140 is pretty tame, IÂ’ve reached 187 before and that was only when the meter was on and I was starting to calm down. IÂ’m pretty sure it hit higher.
The last time the doctors caught it was in January, my bpm was in the 170s but bp was fine. And they did ekg then too and nothing showed up. IÂ’m currently getting labs done. One step closer to finding out whatÂ’s wrong. I woke up at 3 in the morning with another attack. I just want this to be over and done with. IÂ’m getting a panic attack right now because I look pale, my hands are being clumsy, my back is tingling, I have shortness of breath, IÂ’m burping a lot, my chest hurts and my jaw. To me all of Those things equal heart attack. IÂ’m 31, I am overweight, I had 40 lbs more at the beginning of my new way of eating, I have diabetes (itÂ’s controlled), and since this depression started I havenÂ’t been moving a lot. To me thatÂ’s perfect reasons to have a heart attack.

Carys
13-03-20, 17:43
The thing is Reyly, you describe many panic attacks on your first post, and describe them again on the second post - but you are yet to make the direct connection to the panic attacks and the adrenaline being the cause of the faster heart rate. Both ECG's fine also. So, its highly likely, (though never say never) that the bloods just confirm there is nothing physically wrong, but it is indeed a direct response to the anxiety state you are currently in. All the 'symptoms' you mention can be directly attributable to panic attacks and anxiety - even the burping is from gulping air when you hyperventilate, or messing up your gut flora and natural stomach contents. Incidentally, you mention being overweight, are fairly inactive and have controlled diabetes, so why not - when you get the results of these bloods start addressing your disatisfaction with those elements of yourself ? I don't think by any stretch you have a 'perfect reason to have a heart attack', but I suspect you are a bit out of condition, thats all, you can build that all back up again.