PDA

View Full Version : Slipping Rib Syndrome?

Slsheeba567
14-03-20, 21:55
Hi everyone! I’ve been feeling good the last week or so, barring a slight pain near the bottom right of my ribs. It actually doesn’t hurt too bad or anything, it’s more of a slight annoyance when i’m reminded it’s there. Anyways the first 2 days i shrugged it off, figured i slept weird or bumped into something, and went on with my day as usual. However as the days pass when i notice it i get a little more concerned.

I’ve noticed before that when i’m laying down my left rib sticks out more than my right rib, and i’m not sure if it’s normal or not. I’ve also always had really bad posture and the pain under my right rib seems to increase whenever i cough, bend over, sneeze, or try to sit up using my abdominal muscles. When i press on it or shift a certain way i notice a sort of “click” or “popping” sensation. All day I’ve been trying to sort of press it back into place to no avail. Anyways, i googled (i know) and came across slipping rib syndrome. It sounds pretty scary, and it is painful from what i hear, but as far as i know it doesn’t kill you or anything you just need surgery or physical therapy to shift it back into place.

Apparently it’s rare though, so i’m unsure if i’m just overreacting and i’m just noticing something that’s always been there, just slept weird like i initially thought, or what. Either way i’m not majorly freaking out about this or anything, it’s just stuck in my head and i can’t get it out. My mom said that when i get home i can get on her hanging table and hopefully that’ll make it feel better, but i’m not sure. Hopefully it’ll go away soon.

Slsheeba567
16-03-20, 04:00
Well, since i’ve posted this thread, the pain has gotten worse, although that may be because i keep pressing on them and trying to shift them back in place. I keep feeling it “pop” when i press on my rib in a certain place, and it’s bothering me so much. My parents say I just slept weird or maybe pulled a muscle from coughing, and i hope that’s the case. Im having some trouble sleeping, every position i try feels uncomfortable, and it constantly feels like there’s something “under” me when i sleep.

Slsheeba567
17-03-20, 16:30
I’m honestly pretty sure I just pulled a muscle from coughing too hard when i was sick a few weeks back because i screwed up and took a pain reliever and when i felt better i exercised. Lol yeah bad idea, i can barely walk this morning. Just trying to take it easy now.