PDA

View Full Version : Let your employer support you ...

nomorepanic
28-01-05, 20:02
I am posting this here not to gloat or say "oh didn't I do well" but to show you that times seem to be slowly changing and employers are gradually realising that they have to appraise people (that suffer from panic/anxiety) when they achieve even the simple things in life.

As a lot of you know I have to drive to South Wales and it is a long drive and involves going over the Severn Bridge which has caused me a lot of panic/anxiety but I have continued to do it (and going back again in 2 weeks).

I had my appraisal today and to my surprise I had these comments from my ex-boss and my current boss ...

"... overcoming her personal challenges regarding travelling to and from Bridgend"

"Nicola has shown great courage to overcome her fears in attending meetings in South Wales. This has not been an easy time for her but she continues to show her commitment ...."

I was a bit embarrased at first but I now I think that it is great that they even mentioned it as an achievement cos it was.

So my message to you all is - let you employers know when you are struggling and you never know you may be surprised at their reaction. I never expected this and have never had this support before but I am pleased they see it is an achievement and not a hindrance for my job.

Nicola

pips
28-01-05, 20:16
Hi Nic,

Good on you! You certainly deserved that praise and more! I am so glad your employers have recognised the difficulties you have overcome!

Good luck to you when you go in two weeks time! I will be thinking of you!

Stay strong and POSITIVE mate!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX

seh1980
28-01-05, 21:03
[Wow!] Nic - it's great that your employers have recognised how hard you try and how well you have overcome your fears. Wouldn't it be great if all employers were that understanding?! Well done mate:)

Sarah :D

jill
28-01-05, 22:19
Hi Nic

You can gloat and say "oh didn't I do well
because you have worked sooooo hard to get where you are
now and achived so much.
It is such an achivement Nic and deserves to be recognised.

A big WELL DONE

LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
29-01-05, 12:17
Thanks all

I was a bit embarrassed that they even mentioned it in appraisal but I suppose I have to be proud that they recognised that it was an issue but I still DID it.

I am going back again on Feb 8th for 4 days so we shall see how it goes this time!!

Nicola

lainey
29-01-05, 16:44
Hi Nic

Well done you!

You do so well with the bridge, and it's so lovely that your employers have recognised the fact

Good luck for the 8th if I can be of any help when I am not working let me know.

Take care

Elaine x

kate
29-01-05, 21:24
Nic, that is so encouraging to see that your employers are aware of how difficult things can be for you but also that they are praising you for all the effort and hard work you have put in.

Nice one, mate! :D

Love Kate xx

EMMA
29-01-05, 23:18
That is brilliant Nic.

I'd just started my job when my anxiety/panic was at it's worst. Luckliy my boss was really understanding. I was ready for jacking the job in beacuse I was so anxious and panicky even though I loved it there. I was so relieved when they were ok about it.

I'm so pleased that you have had such an inspiring repsonse from your employers. It makes you feel so much better.

Well done!

Take care

Emma x

Meg
01-02-05, 20:37
Hey Nic,

Its a great bit of progress - both for you and from them.

Well done you - again !!

love
Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
01-02-05, 22:11
Meg - thanks

I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would even care. To be honest I thought it would go against me. Just shows eh?

Nicola