PDA

View Full Version : The Dreded Ectopic Saga

Jinkus
09-10-07, 22:53
Hi Everyone,

Its been a couple of months since i have posted on the site and it came to the forethought of my mind today as i have had a bad day with the ectopics.

I must of had a hundred tonight alone in the past 3 hours and am still having them as i write this. Just wondered how the ususal suffers of this tedias condition are coping & if they have had any sucess in remedying them?

All in all just some reassurance that im not about to collapse and die would be useful!!!!

Im so tired of these dreded ectopics. There driving me insane with worry again of late!!

Sean
x

shaz01
09-10-07, 23:25
Hi Sean,

I also get these, infact I was feeling really down with them recently and I went back to my doctor, he assured me everything was fine, so Im trying to think like that at the moment, however I feel like you, its scary, especially when your having a bad few days or weeks or months!!!! I try to tell myself they are not serious however Ive had them for years and I still panic when I get them.

However I think we need to stay calm , we will be fine, and it does help to know there are loads more people out there who are going through the same.

I think plenty sleep does help as well as excerise and I also sometimes take an indigestion tablet, I heard the magnesium helps!!!! Rescue remedy is also good to keep nearby.

I hope things start to improve for you.

Shaz x

Seffie
09-10-07, 23:43
Hi Sean,
just wanted to say I know how you feel, I have had them quite badly for the past week & today they have been really awful. Inbetween ectopics I feel that my heart isn't beating properly, it feels like it's grating somehow & feels so uncomfortable. I'm having runs of ectopics which just make it feel like I'm getting irregular beats & when it beats harder after the pause sensation I can feel it in my head & chest, just horrible.
I did try beta blockers but I couldn't cope with the side effects & it didn't stop them just made them feel muffled which felt strange.

I'm afraid I don't really have any suggestions for you, I do take magnesium but not sure it makes any difference. I think in the past when they've been this bad the only thing that seemed to improve them was to just completely accept them as normal & only when my anxiety about them lessened did they ease off abit. This is very hard to do though & the slightest bit of anxiety can trigger them off again for days.
Mine are also triggered by fluctuating hormones but I guess you don't have that problem!!

Sorry can't be much help, just wanted you to know that I've had a bad few days with these too & I understand completely what you're going through.
Do your best to accept them & you might find they ease a little or even disappear for afew weeks!!

Hope you feel better soon Sean,
Seffie xx

Seffie
09-10-07, 23:52
Hi Sean,
have you been on the Heart Palpitations Forum? There are afew of us here that use this site & I have found it very helpful
Hope it's OK to post the link here

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Sorry if you already know about it but if not, you may find some reassurance on this site.
Seffie xx

jodie
10-10-07, 12:06
hi

i have been getting these for about 9 years now and when they are bad i to get very scared and panic over the last 2 years of me being on this site i have had lots of advise on how to get them to calm down when there are at there worst
1/ plash your face with ice water and run cold tap on your hands

2/cough a few times

3/try make yourself sneeze/this works for me most times i think what it dose is reset your heart beat !

4/try go for a ten min walk

some of these things do work i wont say it makes them go but it dose reduce them some what hope this helps

jodie x

Jinkus
10-10-07, 21:21
Hi All,

Many thanks for your advice and reassurance, i have had another bad day allbeit not as bad as yesterday. I will see how it goes.

Be well all.

Sean
x

Brandy snap
11-10-07, 00:36
Seffie, I have just been looking at the link you gave for about an hour. Thank you. I have only been reading the threads. I haven't joined it yet as I thought it might make my ectopics more 'real' which made me feel scared. That probably sounds silly - what I mean is if I don't join it there is a chance they might go away, but if I join it, it is like making an announcement to the whole world that I get ectopics and they will assume a greater importance if they become the subject of a thread. I will have to think about it. Is it OK just to read them for now? Thanks anyway Seffie. Hello to anyone else reading this.

TracyL
11-10-07, 03:14
I am so with you. I am having the dreaded ectopics badly at the minute. They are every few seconds and giving me a funny sensation in my chest. It also feels like they're fluttering, its bizarre.

It is a very scary feeling, i completely sympathise.

Tracy

Bill
11-10-07, 03:34
Brandy snap actually has a good point. The more you focus on an anxiety symptom the worse it gets. Whereas if you can distract your mind away from it, the feeling eventually goes.

I find getting something difficult to concentrate on and figure out is a good distraction. Even a game or puzzle of some sort. Sometimes we can get stressed out at work but be quite bored so our minds focus on how we're feeling so we start feeling worse until we relax! :winks:

guitarboyuk
24-10-07, 18:29
Sean you're fine man. everyone gets these beats just some of us are unlucky enough to feel them, im 17 and i got em! imagine how i felt loool! thought i was having a bloody heart attack etc. but you just got to except them, i usually cough a couple of times as soon as i feel one takes my mind off it and gives your body a jog.

everything will be fine!! :)