PDA

View Full Version : Elevated iGE levels in blood test

rhianna_s
19-03-20, 09:04
I had a blood test last week and got my results yesterday. The dr said I have borderline low white blood cells that I “should not be concerned about” and my allergen markers were high. He said that’s probably from my asthma, but naturally I came home and googled and I found some stuff about high iGE levels associated with lung cancer. My main health anxieties are lung and ovarian cancer because I have all of the symptoms of both, and now I am a mess because I’m even more convinced I have lung cancer. He listened to my chest and back and said he couldn’t feel a wheeze but I can definitely feel myself wheezing, especially when I lay on my back or have my back pressed up against my bed head. The wheeze feels like it’s coming from the right side, or the right side of my throat. Has anyone experienced this?? Please I need some reassurance. I’m almost 38, never smoked however my mum smoked most of my life!

utrocket09
19-03-20, 10:23
I had a blood test last week and got my results yesterday. The dr said I have borderline low white blood cells that I “should not be concerned about” and my allergen markers were high. He said that’s probably from my asthma, but naturally I came home and googled and I found some stuff about high iGE levels associated with lung cancer. My main health anxieties are lung and ovarian cancer because I have all of the symptoms of both, and now I am a mess because I’m even more convinced I have lung cancer. He listened to my chest and back and said he couldn’t feel a wheeze but I can definitely feel myself wheezing, especially when I lay on my back or have my back pressed up against my bed head. The wheeze feels like it’s coming from the right side, or the right side of my throat. Has anyone experienced this?? Please I need some reassurance. I’m almost 38, never smoked however my mum smoked most of my life!

Why are we googling and not trusting a Dr? Of course your levels will be high if you have asthma or allergies, its your body attacking itself.

rhianna_s
20-03-20, 09:01
Well my asthma symptoms appeared suddenly, the doctors just guessed it’s asthma. I never had any tests or anything. Why does it all feel right sided? Why is it harder to breathe and feels full when I lay on my right side? I have right side shoulder blade and chest pain. Does this sound like asthma?