PDA

View Full Version : Too far gone now it feels :(

RallyPreach123
19-03-20, 15:28
Just want to firstly thank everyone who takes the time out of their valuable days to read my story, and also wish everyone all the good health possible.

So I've always been a very anxious person who never gotten panic attacks along with it, it was always health anxiety that was fuelled by the internet. Eventually my doctor put me on meds for the anxiety which helped to an extend, but more so "masked" the problem.

My newest concern are one that I feel are now "too far gone" as per the title to the point I'm feeling almost suffocated when I think about them. Even when I'm not feeling suffocated, these thoughts are CONSTANTLY, and I mean constantly going through my mind even when I'm distracted so to speak.

My onset of symptoms are as follows;

Whole body involuntary movements, mostly in the legs and arms, but have been elsewhere. These are completely involuntary like I said and mostly come when I am at rest. They are to the point where yes I that whole limb jerks out real bad.
Muscle twitches - These things are accompanying the above and are a lot more frequent. They range mostly from the leg, to the stomach, and also the arms.
Foggy mind - Sometimes I just zone out, like lose what I'm doing and just start to zone out. This is common'ish.
My new one, and the biggest worry as I read into this recently and NOTHING about is sounds good. Pupils in my eyes - I have gotten to the point I'm excessively taking pictures of my face to compare my pupil sizes as I am 100% sure the right one is bigger than the left one (They still react to light), but in duller conditions the right is bigger than the left for sure. I also check this in the mirror every single time I'm in the bathroom if I'm not picturing it. I'm also getting headaches on the same side as the pupil/eye in question.
Along with all of the above, random misc symptoms are hand pins and needles, pain in the left arm, and extreme fatigue at the best of times.

Background of me is am I 25, I have no underlying health conditions apart from Gilbert Syndrome which is said to be completely harmless, I am not active, I play games and watch T.V most days and I am a little bit underweight due to being a fussy eater.

I've discussed most of this in the past with my GP minus the new symptoms I speak of, but I feel like I'm never taken seriously enough as here in the UK they introduced a 10 minute appointment time with your GP due to NHS cuts, so it's not fault of the doctor themselves.

I appreciate anyone who shares their experience and/or stories and hope for some valuable advice on such.

Much appreciated,

Rally.

Elise
19-03-20, 16:56
Hi Rally

I am 25 too and I would say I have all the symptoms you listed and I also have terrible overthinking, especially towards the evening when the day is closing.
Reading your post was really relatable actually because you sound very much like me (the fussy eating & playing games/watching TV most days) Lol!! :D

Elise

RallyPreach123
19-03-20, 17:06
Hi Rally

I am 25 too and I would say I have all the symptoms you listed and I also have terrible overthinking, especially towards the evening when the day is closing.
Reading your post was really relatable actually because you sound very much like me (the fussy eating & playing games/watching TV most days) Lol!! :D

Elise

That's crazy lol, same age, same symptoms, and some hobbies :D

I mean playing the games is my only real escape as I know a lot of amazing people to take my mind of things when doing so, but this has just been building I guess.

I hope you can feel better. If you ever wanna chat about your anxiety, I'd be open to that if you are. I hear it helps as my doctor keeps telling me.

Elise
19-03-20, 17:22
same to you! Feel free to pm me if you ever need/want to :) x

maryjane91
19-03-20, 19:43
I have the same symptoms as you and I have been to my doctor several times and he is not concerned. He is 100 pct. certain it is caused by stress and perhaps made worse by nutrient deficiencies. I am a bit underweight too and have not been eating enough for the past few months due to severe stress. Several nutrient deficiencies can cause psychological and neurological symptoms, and the body tends to use up a lot of magnesium, zinc etc. when under stress. Calcium deficiency can cause twitches and jerks, zinc deficiency can cause anxiety and decreased immunity - and so on. Maybe try and look into it? Have you tried cronometer?

RallyPreach123
19-03-20, 21:46
I have the same symptoms as you and I have been to my doctor several times and he is not concerned. He is 100 pct. certain it is caused by stress and perhaps made worse by nutrient deficiencies. I am a bit underweight too and have not been eating enough for the past few months due to severe stress. Several nutrient deficiencies can cause psychological and neurological symptoms, and the body tends to use up a lot of magnesium, zinc etc. when under stress. Calcium deficiency can cause twitches and jerks, zinc deficiency can cause anxiety and decreased immunity - and so on. Maybe try and look into it? Have you tried cronometer?

I have not tried cronometer, but I've now looked into it with you asking and I have signed up.

Is this nutrients targets a per day? For example if Calcium is at 25% does that mean I need to target 100% for that specific day?

Also, I have long told myself that it was definitely nutrient deficiency, but just end up getting this bad that it fuels me going on the internet to be told I have this and that.

Do you have the eye symptoms too?

maryjane91
19-03-20, 23:00
Cronometer is great, just don't get obsessed (I tend to do that myself) - you don't need to reach 100% on all targets everyday, it's just a great way to keep an eye on your diet. Not eating enough can definitely make anxiety worse, and anxiety can make you lose your appetite... It's a vicious cycle. I just use cronometer a few times a month by the way, not everyday.

I have often thought that one pupil looked slightly bigger than the other or was slower to react to light - I don't know if it was actually the case or just my mind playing tricks! I try not to check my pupils now, I used to obsess over them...