PDA

View Full Version : Any other keyworkers?

BlueIris
20-03-20, 16:11
So, I found out today that even though the college is closing, I'll be coming into work one day a week to help support vulnerable students who have nowhere else to go.

At first I felt bitterly resentful, but now I'm actually kind of proud to be able to help out.

Anyone else on the front lines? To be fair, I'm fairly far back on the front lines, but you know what I mean ;)

WiredIncorrectly
20-03-20, 16:47
My brother has to. He works for police. My cousin is a nurse and she has to too. I just been out to dig up the garden. Might be a potential earner this year to do peoples gardens.

Elen
20-03-20, 16:50
Not me Blue but be proud of yourself to be so need,likewise to your brother Wired

travelgirl77
20-03-20, 16:56
My husband is a Coast Guard officer so he does not get the chance to work from home. I actually think that having to go into work and concentrate on pressing matters at work is one of the reasons he is mentally a lot better than a lot of people. Although I understand why we are in self-quarantine, but being at home all of the time and unable to engage with the world like we are used to, leaves a lot of time to ruminate on the worst. He, on the other hand, is solving other issues and brainstorming with others allows him to see what else is happening in the world. I think that is why a lot of health care workers, while concerned, are in a better place mentally than others.

elysemarie123
20-03-20, 17:48
I would agree travelgirl! I typically am able to overcome my anxiety by going about my day. Being stuck inside working is pretty tough. And thanks to your husband for serving!

Phoenixess
20-03-20, 17:56
So, I found out today that even though the college is closing, I'll be coming into work one day a week to help support vulnerable students who have nowhere else to go.

At first I felt bitterly resentful, but now I'm actually kind of proud to be able to help out.

Anyone else on the front lines? To be fair, I'm fairly far back on the front lines, but you know what I mean ;)

Your a hero blue!!! Big hugs [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UserName20
20-03-20, 23:25
I’m a cashier for Menards and we are staying open. I’m not gonna lie I am very scared. I have so many customers coughing and handing me money. I wear gloves and use hand sanitizer but I know my risk is still very elevated dealing with so many people each day. I have so much respect for healthcare workers especially during this.

Fishmanpa
20-03-20, 23:43
Essential Services here.... Things have been changing day to day and hour to hour in the position I'm in. The company I'm with is taking precautions, procedures and hours have been adjusted as well.

To top it off, one of our team was quarantined until her test results come back as she was with some people who tested positive. This is just crazy! :wacko: I'm so ready for normal again!

Positive thoughts

jray23
21-03-20, 05:29
My brother pushes carts at a Meijer (similar to Walmart). He's special needs so it's one of few jobs he can hold down. But he lives with my parents and I would prefer he quits or gets leave somehow as they would be at higher risk.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

glassgirlw
21-03-20, 11:00
My brother pushes carts at a Meijer (similar to Walmart). He's special needs so it's one of few jobs he can hold down. But he lives with my parents and I would prefer he quits or gets leave somehow as they would be at higher risk.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

my brother is also special needs - he goes to a day program where each day they go do work at a different place. One day it’s rolling silverware at a local restaurant, other days it’s delivering meals on wheels to local in need people. I was thankful his day program chose to suspend those jobs right now - so I definitely understand your concern.

JulieJay92
21-03-20, 17:19
care assistant for people with dementia