PDA

View Full Version : Cymbalta any good?

janey50
10-10-07, 13:44
Hi guys. Just been through a horrendous 4 months of drug change, twice!!, and have been put on Cymbalta (Duloxetine) which is now licensed for Anxiety as well as depression. Anyone got any experience of this relatively new drug? I need some encouragement before I take my first dose, as 'Anxiety' is listed high up the list of side-effects! I know we're all different and I have to trust my Psych but it will be great to hear any comments from people who have tried it. Chin up, everyone!

Ellen70
10-10-07, 14:04
Hi Janey, sorry you have had a rough few months.

I have been on Cybalta (60mg) for seven weeks now and unfortunately it hasn't had any benefit to my depression and anxiety at all. My anxiety isn't worse, it is just the same as it always was.

However if you a search for Cymbalta on the forum you will find posts from people who have benefitted from this drug. Anti depressants are so annoying in the way that they help some people and not others!

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones,
Take care

Ellen

honeybee3939
10-10-07, 19:10
Hi Janie

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find some posts about the drug too.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

janey50
10-10-07, 19:40
Thankyou ellen for yr support. This is a great website for helping me realsie I'm not alone. I guess we all have different responses to each different drug so am hoping this will help me a bit but if not, there's other options I guess.