PDA

View Full Version : hi

tess2
10-10-07, 13:58
I am a new member today, I have suffered from panic attacks on and off for over twenty years (since my early teens). For me they take the form of extreme nausea/upset stomach as well as "hitting the adrenalin panic button" and shaking etc. This has had a big impact on my life because I am afraid of eating out, going on public transport, going on holiday, going on aeroplanes - I have three children and it is increasingly hard to cope with the demands of their lives and be a "normal" mum. I was a high achiever at school and qualified as a solicitor, though I haven't worked as such for 10 years. I am presently doing a garden design course which keeps me going! I've been seeing a psychotherapist for about 18 months but am finding progress hard. I'm not taking any medication. I've felt I've had to keep all this hidden for so long, this site has made me cry.

Believe
10-10-07, 14:04
Hello Tess,

:welcome: to NMP. Hope that you enjoy your stay. There are lots of great people here and you will get great advice. Stop by the chat room and meet some new people. Also check out the self help section on main forum if you haven't already done so.

An most important remember you are not alone, we all are here to help each other. :hugs:

Take Care
Believe:flowers:

I Believe That In Time We All Will Get Better!

manmoor
10-10-07, 14:53
Hi Tess,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
10-10-07, 17:55
Hello there Tess:welcome:to you!

You don't have to keep things hidden here - you'll find plenty of help and support, as we're all here for each other!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Dave777
10-10-07, 17:59
Hi Tess, good to see you here.
going on holiday, going on aeroplanes, yep, I know how you feel.

Dave:flowers:

Lindalou64
10-10-07, 18:16
Hello Tess And Welcomke To The Site.....linda

honeybee3939
10-10-07, 18:30
Hi Tess

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
10-10-07, 22:52
Hi Tess and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

margaret911
10-10-07, 23:00
Hi Tess

Welcome to NMP. Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.

love Mags xxxxx

nomorepanic
10-10-07, 23:08
Hi Tess

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of great support and advice here.

tess2
11-10-07, 20:56
Thanks everyone, it is wonderful to be made welcome

Southern_Belle
11-10-07, 23:26
Hi Tess,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel exactly how you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura