PDA

View Full Version : Retailers closing some staying open?

phil06
23-03-20, 03:26
Many retailers have shut I believe atleast 50 from John Lewis to New Look. None of the discount retailers have closed its a very worrying time for our staff many don’t what to me at work. If we don’t go in we don’t get paid any money where as retailers forced to shut get 80%. Spent the last 2 nights worrying and not sleeping why are companies putting public health at risk? My work has been busy with people buying candles and mirrors as we have actually sold out of food.

Anybody got any tips? Some customers have been approaching close to me and it’s worrying. Do you think the government will set up action soon? My old work has some signs in saying reduced hours or closing go to another store but my work now has no such signs? Just how safe is it to be at work? I heard it will be supermarkets and chemists only but fear they will extend it to any store which sells even a tiny bit of food?

phil06
23-03-20, 10:19
My partners work is try buying freezers it’s a bargain store but desperately trying to rebrand a supermarket to stay open want to rush through an Iceland concession MONEY and profit over health disgusting!