PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline

lesleyB
10-10-07, 15:16
Has anybody taken Sertraline, I started on 50mg but that did not work was put up tp 100mg and seemed fine on that. But after 6 months my Gp asked if I wanted to come of of them oh no! I agreed to cut down to 50mg again seemed ok to start with but then I started feeling a bit down with not much interest in anything, so my Gp put me back up to 100mg again. This made me very anxious and I have funny feelings in my head wich I don't like as I think I have a brain tumor. Will the the anxiety go and will my head get better have been on knew dose for 3 weeks.
Anyone got any advice.:huh:

Star
10-10-07, 17:34
I've just been put on Sertraline, i'm still on 50mg as when i switched from citrolpram (sp?) to Sertraline my anxiety went through the roof (and i lost my job, making me worse!)

All i can say is that all tablets treat people differently, if you've only been on the new dose for 3 weeks maybe you need to take them a bit longer, just so your system can adjust to the new dose... I think it takes a few months for them to work properly...

Its a bit unfair the doctor wanting to take you off of them when you were feeling better!! :(