PDA

View Full Version : sri's

lesleyB
10-10-07, 15:32
I have just read on 1 post that there has been an article about ssri's giving you hemerrage oh my god!! now I am panicking am taking Sertraline help:ohmy:

Dying_Swan
10-10-07, 16:21
Whoaaaaaa slow down!

I've not seen the article...no idea. But remember that thousands of people have taken Sertraline, and probably hundreds of thousands take SSRI's....without haemorraghing :winks:

Also.....certain articles need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.....the studies they are based on may not be valid or reliable. I read the article that started the whole MMR/Autism debate. I wish I could show it to the world......it might help relieve a few concerns.

Please, don't worry. I am sure you will be absolutely fine. I've been on SSRI's for 2 years and am still here! :) xxx

beauty
10-10-07, 16:42
leselyB, loads of things have been linked to hemorages, my stepmum died suddenly of a hemorage last year and she was on betablockers and they suggested to begin with that there has been links made between those and brain hemorages, but in the end we found it was an annorism (prob spelt wrong) in her brain which wouldnt have been caused by any medications. Im not sure what article you have read but it is very rare for a hemorage to happen simply because of medications, they can be linked but if a hemorage is going to happen it will happen anyway! xxx

lesleyB
10-10-07, 17:20
than for your help every one, I feel better now until the next time that is always worried about my brain.