PDA

View Full Version : OCD hell!

Nighttime pacer
23-03-20, 16:38
Hi all,
I gotta say my hand washing a paranoia about touching things has got completely out of hand. I was close to tears just now making a coffee as I was worried that I had to touch the paper coffee filter and that I may have touched it yesterday as it's in a pick of them. I know I'd have thoroughly washed my hands yesterday as I did today and also the coffee filters have been in the cupboard for months, I just feel like everything's contaminated all the time even though I keep washing my hands and using 70% alcohol wipes to clean things. Does anyone else feel like this might drive them completely crazy? :wacko:

Kirbear
23-03-20, 19:48
I was pretty much like this anyway with my OCD, had therapy and calmed it down a bit. Now it’s worse than ever! I feel your pain. My bleach obsession is back too. It’s horrendous. My husband went to the shop this morning and I wanted to douse everything in bleach but he gets cross with me for getting carried away. As soon as he goes in to another room I start wiping things down. Scared I’ve missed bits though.

Nighttime pacer
24-03-20, 01:33
Thanks Kirbear, I guess I'm far from alone in this. To be honest I feel like I'm losing my mind over this. I've gone through about 100 pairs of disposable gloves in 3 days. Anyway, good luck Kirbear.

Kirbear
24-03-20, 10:34
Same here. I’m glad of a lockdown now to be honest but I’m still afraid of going to the shops and I’m afraid for getting any post/home deliveries etc. Good luck to you too. We’ll get through this x

SnowyGreen
28-03-20, 06:38
I just worry about the things I bring home for the supermarket. Other people might have touched that, or coughed near it, or just breathed... I feel like everything I bring home is contaminated. I got some potatoes, I will wash them and peel the skin off, so I guess that's something, but there is no way I could buy an apple and wash it and then eat it now.

jules321
28-03-20, 19:13
No reason to fear things that have been in your house for a while as far as I understand. Main concern is anything you bring into your house that is new... like stuff from grocery. Wash it all. I put dried goods in garage for a week before I touch them. Then any concern is gone.