PDA

View Full Version : Was bleeding the radiator and accidentally spayed myself in the face and eye

BigOldDrive
23-03-20, 19:15
Hi guys,

I was bleeding the radiator and accidentally got some water squirted in my face and a bit in my eye.

I am really worried now as I am sure this water contains chemicals think they are called inhibitors (furnox maybe?).

Have I just caused my eye permanent damage from the chemicals? :( how dangerous is it?

Pamplemousse
23-03-20, 19:27
Looking at the MSDS for a common inhibitor here (https://www.sentinelprotects.com/sites/default/files/sds/sentinel_x100_4_en_2.pdf) (Sentinel X100) I'd say you have little, if anything, to worry about :)

BigOldDrive
23-03-20, 19:53
I won't look at the guide you have kindly linked as it might send me on a spiral for hours but I will take your word for it! Got some on my lips and quiet a lot on my hands as well guessing there is not much to worry about there as well if I ingested a very small amount from my lips? (don't think I did but not sure)

Thanks for your great help :-)

ankietyjoe
23-03-20, 23:07
If it hasn't caused any damage by now, it won't.

Assuming you rinsed it out (and even if you just cried it out) there is nothing to worry about at all.

I splashed car battery acid in my eyes once and was fine. Stang like a biatch, but didn't do any serious damage.