PDA

View Full Version : A little thought experiment...

Panicattacka
24-03-20, 05:02
So imagine all this Covid doom and gloom suddenly went away, you know a 99.99% effective treatment is found or the number of new cases just starts plummeting like SARS and Ebola did back in the day. Governments start announcing Covid restrictions will be lifted soon, sport leagues start again, music festivals, etc. and everything starts returning to the way it was before, more or less.

You'd be ecstatic, right? Turning cartwheels, getting down on your knees and thanking the cosmic deity or force of your choice, excitedly calling friends and family to arrange meet ups and play dates, etc.

And then for most of us maybe a day would pass, or a few days, maybe a week or a month even...and we'd be back to worrying about that symptom we've just noticed which OMFG must mean cancer, heart disease, stroke, aneursym, clot, ALS, dementia, etc.

Just a little thought perspective for us HAers:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
24-03-20, 08:08
It's something a few of us have been saying on the threads - an overnight cure for all those years of worries.

Since the problem is within the mind, and not being treated if all people are doing is watching state for reassurance, it will just switch theme the minute this all dies down as you say.

So, why don't people use this extended period to treat their anxiety and see if they find themselves less prone to the switch back later?

Thanks for creating a thread about it so hopefully it will be discussed by those most affected rather than just those of us who watch the boards in general and note the trends (like how the HA board is dead and we have lots of new people who never post on Misc...demonstrating your point nicely).

Scass
24-03-20, 09:35
Oh it’s absolutely true, and I’m sort of pleased that we can use this to refer back to in future!

My HA doesn’t particularly focus on one thing though - although most respiratory things are triggering to me.