PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety increase

Sweetie88
24-03-20, 10:11
Hi all. I'm really concerned about my Well being and health anxiety atm. I travelled back from university in London to Ireland, (my home) on the 11th of March. I've pretty much been self isolating since then apart from going out to the grocery shop. I'm staying with my parents who are at a high risk. I had a sore throat fir a little on the 10th but put it down to drinking that weekend. I have had pretty bad sinuses since I hit back and think it's more hayfever related. I've been even dreaming about this corona virus I've been waking up so anxious with the shakes. I'm a little congested atm but I've somehow convinced myself I have the corona virus because I travelled from London. I'm more worried about me spreading it than getting it. Am I over reacting? Thanks x

nomorepanic
24-03-20, 14:49
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Call me Edwin
24-03-20, 16:17
Sweetie, I'm not a medical man but if what you had on 10th was really coronavirus, think about whether it would have either got much worse by now or whether you would be totally recovered after the 2 weeks.

London is a hot-spot, but a fortnight ago a very very small proportion of people there were infected and transmitting. So, think about it again in the light of the facts you know (covid is characterised by a fever and a dry cough, which you haven't reported). I can sympathise totally with your anxiety, and this site can help you with that, but we can't diagnose your medical issues. I hope you can come to a reasoned conclusion... and sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but real reassurance can only come from yourself.

And, best wishes to yourself and your parents. Simply by caring about them you are doing the right thing!