PDA

View Full Version : Things to do during lockdown

Kitkat99
24-03-20, 10:49
So now that a lot of places are in lockdown, or at least people advised to social distance. I thought I we could start a thread where people comment things to do during it.

Thought it might be helpful to have something a bit more positive on here. I know a lot of people are panicking about going out their minds with boredom, and don’t know what they will do to keep occupied for so long. Comment something below and maybe we can all help each other out. People can come here for ideas. I’ll start:

You can now catch up on all the tv shows you have been wanting to watch/rewatch but haven’t had time for.

glassgirlw
24-03-20, 11:50
I’ve been working on my quilting more. I tend to have a mindless show on TV playing in the background :roflmao:

Panicattacka
24-03-20, 13:19
I've started reading Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov

Been meaning to read it for about 25 years, now I've got no more excuses to put it off.

ErinKC
28-03-20, 01:39
I just started knitting and I'm going to rewatch Lost (for like the 100th time).

Pamplemousse
05-04-20, 10:19
I just started knitting and I'm going to rewatch Lost (for like the 100th time).

And it still won't make any sense!:shrug:

I'm hoping to make a start on jobs around the house that have long been neglected, like decorating the back bedroom amongst many others. I also have things to repair for other people that as yet are untouched.

DL45
05-04-20, 11:22
Have filled my Kindle with books I've been meaning to read for ages

Tidying out files and cupboards with things I no longer need - very therapeutic other than the thought of where to store all the rubbish until tips re-open!

And teaching the dog new tricks - I gave up trying to train him ages ago but playing mind games with him!

WiseMonkey
05-04-20, 11:43
Here are a few others that spring to mind ...am doing a few of these already

*Knitting is fine so long as you don't run out of wool, likewise crocheting.
*Join Ancestry and research/or create your own family tree.
*Gardening if you don't live in an apartment.
*Get fit walking, running or biking around your neighbourhood (observing the 2 meter distancing rule), use your exercycle, or do an online fitness programme.
*Download some adult colouring in pages (there just more intricate than children's ones)

Pamplemousse
05-04-20, 11:59
Here are a few others that spring to mind ...am doing a few of these already

*Knitting is fine so long as you don't run out of wool, likewise crocheting.
*Join Ancestry and research/or create your own family tree.
*Gardening if you don't live in an apartment.
*Get fit walking, running or biking around your neighbourhood (observing the 2 meter distancing rule), use your exercycle, or do an online fitness programme.
*Download some adult colouring in pages (there just more intricate than children's ones)

That one could get interesting here in Blighty if people continue to be stupid: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

WiseMonkey
05-04-20, 12:28
That one could get interesting here in Blighty if people continue to be stupid: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Hmm... maybe not in Britain then, if the masses can't obey the rules!
We in NZ are not permitted to be on the beaches (unless it's close to our home) and certainly not to go boating, swim or surf. Despite this there are the idiots who do and are abusive to the police when called out on it ...https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12322610

ankietyjoe
05-04-20, 12:32
"I don't have time to meditate".

Just sayin...... :yesyes:

Lolalee1
05-04-20, 13:12
I just finished a jigsaw puzzle, on the box it said for 5 years and up,I finished it in 2days :roflmao:

swgrl09
05-04-20, 19:04
We have been doing as much as possible outside ... yard work and gardening, walks, etc. It makes a big difference getting out and getting some sun when the weather cooperates.

panicstricken
05-04-20, 20:55
We are going to be decorating and spending as much time as a family as possible. Cant wait to crack out the board games and do silly things like camp in the living room and have movie marathons lol. We also bought some vegetable seeds so going to plant them too at some point 😁😁 we made and indoor solar system with our two young daughters they loved it we have planets hanging from our living room ceiling 👍👍

MyNameIsTerry
16-09-20, 22:21
Blummin hell, James, is it like a knitting pattern for me to put your image together? :winks:

WiredIncorrectly
17-09-20, 13:06
Thank you for deleting venus. I pasted the image from my clipboard and it looked like an image. When I submitted it the page kept crashing my computer because of all the image code. I tried to delete it multiple times but every time I loaded the page to delete it would freeze my computer again.