PDA

View Full Version : Covid19 stressed and scared anxiety is back

panicstricken
24-03-20, 17:23
Hello everyone, I know this is probably a subject that causes a lot of worry and that I havent been on here for a long time. But I was doing a lot better until this virus hit. Now truly terrified, not sleeping horrific thoughts, tight chest checking feeling, aching all over headaches. Sore throat difficulty swallowing feels like I cant get enough air in. Its sinbad I have convinced myself I have it. I called dr was told to isolate over a week ago. Was starring to feel better until today
Now wham back to feeling like going to die, I've had a running nose, headache, central chest pain, tiredness, I have two children they are my world I havent hugged them since this all started 10 days ago and for 3 days stayed In a separate room but when i felt much better i came out and started home schooling them. Now I feel like death and I keep thinking I have contaminated them. I'm so scared I have had these symptoms for 10.days can anybody help.im really struggling what's anxiety what's virus do.i have it should I panic. Do these sound like.the virus or just anxiety. I'm so.sorry for long post but I'm truly so so scared

Mindsight
24-03-20, 23:54
When you are busy does these symptoms go away i now my chest pain does my cough goes also and im putting it down to any thing but the current covid 19 based on tomorrow being 11 days most people are real ill by this time so you are on the way out of danger even if you did have it :) im on day 6 ish hoping to make day 10 with no further issues :)

Stupefy333
25-03-20, 16:30
I have exactly been the same. Had a cough corn 9/10 days couple of days of upper arm aches and tight chest and upper back. Today had severe pain in centre o fb chest and back. Thought I was having a heart attack. Cough has been better then worse then better then worse day to day. Chest on and off. No fever but I’ve been getting sweats.
I have days like this when there’s nothing going on so trying to rationalise it but considering my chest pain is usually on left side and not in centre it really freaked me. Attack was about 4 hours ago and have calmed down somewhat but whole body chest and back are still tight and tense. I usually have this after a panic attack sometimes for a day or so after. It’s like an aftershock. It’s hard to be rational at the moment but I’m trying to be as symptoms aren’t just consistently getting worse. Sometimes they’re better and then Worse. Waking up achy most days. Trying to put that down to the tension that goes with anxiety at the minute. Everyday that’s all you see and hear about so naturally hose of us with AD will be moe prone to the effects we have when we have an attack. Trying to stay away from social media etc. Watch stuff that makes me happy. Have my son with me too and partners still working so that makes me more nervous which adds to the tension on a daily basis.
I wish I could have a new body!

nomorepanic
25-03-20, 16:58
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Meglen
26-03-20, 02:22
I too have been having these symptoms and I am terrified about Coronavirus. Since being so anxious my reflux has acted up and I am attributing all of my chest pains, shoulder pains, cough, etc to the acid in my throat/stomach.
I traveled a week ago and have been self quarantined since my trip, watching the news and that has made me worse. I stopped watching today and my symptoms have slowly been subsiding.
Best wishes to you and I hope you feel better soon!

panicstricken
26-03-20, 08:25
Hello everyone thankyou all.for your replies xx I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner I had a really bad day yesterday anxiety through the roof. My symptoms do not subside, they did get better for a bit but then came bk this was of course after I returned to the main part of the house and was home schooling my two beautiful children. I am constantly scanning my own symptoms and listening out for the slightest cough for sneeze off my husband daughters. It's awful I'm so so sorry you are also experiencing these symptoms it's truly a terrifying time lately xxxx I hope u feel much better soon meglen, stupefy333 and mindsightxxx it's so hard not to feel all the symptoms they describe I live with two people who are at greater risk too wish I could just wrap everyone I love in a protective bubble. Wish I could do it for the world xx stay safe everyone thankyou for replying xxx I'm honestly so scared 😘💕🙏🙏🙏

panicstricken
27-03-20, 12:28
Hi everyone, I hope u are all holding up and feeling a little better xx I am sorry to be on here so soon again with yet more of my worries and woes, but I could really use some advice or just an ear really. I posted on here a few days ago that my anxiety had gotten horrendous and covid 19 is always on my mind. I have had loads of symptoms headache sore throat dry throat, aches and pains, nausea, tight chest been feeling really awful have had these all for nearly 12 days now I have gone from feeling better to worse and bk again ventured out of a room where I had been isolating myself and then bk in when symptoms worsened. I have cried myself to sleep.over this driven my husband to distraction with my analysing every symptom (he has been so wonderful through all this) but as u know with anxiety the analysing is relentless and now to cap it all just when i thought it was getting better that my symptoms were gone, I have tightening in my throat, burning throat, and tongue and a worsening cough. My temp constantly goes up and down (I'm checking all the time) and I'm bl to feeling like i have this virus. My husband bless him thinks its because I have been cooped up for nearly two weeks and in the room for over a week barely venturing out, he also said that as I have had the symptoms without the cough it's highly unlikely it would wait till now almost 2 weeks with me being I'll already to strike. But I've heard it can be 2 weeks incubation. I am constantly going over and over all the symptoms self checking and analysing I'm sure it's not helping. But the symptoms are definitely there. If anyone has any advice or if u think this is the virus please help. I'm sorry if this is the last thing anyone on here needs but I really am so so frightened xxxx stay safe everyone. This wait and see is awful

glassgirlw
27-03-20, 12:52
It’s hard to say whether you have it or not, but it does sound like if you do have it, your symptoms are fairly mild and you should just continue to rest and drink lots of fluids.

Charlie1108
27-03-20, 13:46
No advice but I feel the exact same way. I'm constantly analysing different symptoms I'm getting or obsessing over my children and partner. Both children have had tummy bugs this week, both children have had a cough that comes and goes. What I have noticed is that when the kids are not right and I'm obsessing over them, my symptoms disappear. I'm trying to tell myself that I can't control this situation anymore than I am (hand-washing, bleaching etc). My partner is a farmer and still goes to work (mainly on his own) but he's off to the shop after work and this is sending my anxiety into over drive. Like you, I'm also spending so much time holed up in the bedroom. Last night I did some medidating via a guided tutorial on YouTube. I'm going to try and keep it up twice a day. Sorry I don't have any advice but I know exactly where you're coming from. Sending love x

Just to add, I've also deleted fb and reduced my time checking the news.

Gary A
27-03-20, 13:57
Hi everyone, I hope u are all holding up and feeling a little better xx I am sorry to be on here so soon again with yet more of my worries and woes, but I could really use some advice or just an ear really. I posted on here a few days ago that my anxiety had gotten horrendous and covid 19 is always on my mind. I have had loads of symptoms headache sore throat dry throat, aches and pains, nausea, tight chest been feeling really awful have had these all for nearly 12 days now I have gone from feeling better to worse and bk again ventured out of a room where I had been isolating myself and then bk in when symptoms worsened. I have cried myself to sleep.over this driven my husband to distraction with my analysing every symptom (he has been so wonderful through all this) but as u know with anxiety the analysing is relentless and now to cap it all just when i thought it was getting better that my symptoms were gone, I have tightening in my throat, burning throat, and tongue and a worsening cough. My temp constantly goes up and down (I'm checking all the time) and I'm bl to feeling like i have this virus. My husband bless him thinks its because I have been cooped up for nearly two weeks and in the room for over a week barely venturing out, he also said that as I have had the symptoms without the cough it's highly unlikely it would wait till now almost 2 weeks with me being I'll already to strike. But I've heard it can be 2 weeks incubation. I am constantly going over and over all the symptoms self checking and analysing I'm sure it's not helping. But the symptoms are definitely there. If anyone has any advice or if u think this is the virus please help. I'm sorry if this is the last thing anyone on here needs but I really am so so frightened xxxx stay safe everyone. This wait and see is awful

If you’ve been displaying symptoms for 12 days without needing hospitalisation then you’re going to be fine. Chances are this isn’t Covid-19 but in the unlikely event that it is then you’re probably going to be perfectly fit and healthy again in a couple of days.

panicstricken
27-03-20, 14:21
Thankyou all for your messages xx I'm so thankful that I can come and talk on here and speak to people who feel the same or experience similar things xx I hope charlie1108 you feel better and your little ones and your partner are better soon. I worry constantly over my husband and two children to xxxx thankyou glassgirlw and Gary a for your replies I really grateful that u took the time to respond it really helps hearing from others. I hope you are both right I try and talk myself into believing that it's just a cough or a cold and it has been over two weeks since I have had any contact with the outside world. But then good old anxiety rears its ugly head and bamb incubation period facts creeping or symptoms crop up it's hard to escape it. I think I too will limit time on facebook and stop watching g the news quite so much I have become a little obsessed with all things virus related. I hope u are all well please stay safe xx

panicstricken
29-03-20, 09:30
Hi all, hope we are all doing ok, a little update with my latest ... ok as I've said in previous post I have been feeling rather rotten for a while, loads of cold and flu like symptoms really stressed very scared of someone I love contracting this awful virus. Well all the fear is still there it comes over in huge waves and I have had all the symptoms I have come to recognise from good old anxiety. However I am finding it really hard to rationalise everything I find myself constantly scanning my husband and children for developing symptoms we havent come into contact with anyone from the outside world other than drop off at our front door for over two weeks now my husband went to the shop briefly for about 10 mins 10 days ago and that has been it, but I keep thinking could we have it could it be incubating could it develop. ( my husband did work in a school for one day 13 days ago )We are still all sleeping in separate beds and I who still has an intermittent cough and sore throat havent hugged or kissed my children for nearly 2 weeks (this has been agonising) I'm still limiting the amount of time I'm around them incase I have it but when will we know its safe to go bk to normal? I had a major incident two days ago where I woke up unable to breathe and it felt like I was inhaling fire everything burned it was so unimaginably scary I think it may have been a panic attack as I've been relatively ok since xxx sorry for post but it really helps to put out what I'm feeling does anyone know if the virus would have shown now or do I wait longer still?

venusbluejeans
29-03-20, 13:53
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

Charlie1108
31-03-20, 16:09
How are you doing? Have things eased up for you at all?

panicstricken
31-03-20, 19:06
Hi charlie1108 how are you? Thank you for checking in xx I am doing ok I think, I still have a cough that comes and goes and a burning throat which is scaring me a great deal I still agonise over whether this is the virus. But I’m trying to rationalise that it has been so long I would be really I’ll surely. I have had some of these symptoms since the 13th of March. I think this latest flare up is largely down to my fear of passing things on to my family especially as yesterday we received a letter saying my eldest was at great risk should she catch it. My husband and i have been blitzing the house wiping over everything constantly and desperately trying to keep everything is as sterile as we can and we have bee; in isolation for the last two weeks but it’s still an enormous worry xxxx

Charlie1108
31-03-20, 20:21
I can see why you're so stressed then. Hopefully it's all anxiety and nothing more.
I'm pretty sure I do have it after the kids were unwell last week. My whole body is on fire and I keep breaking out into a sweat. Sioer lethargic and now a dodgy tummy. Have had a headache for 3 days too. So convinced it'll kill me x

panicstricken
31-03-20, 21:43
I can see why you're so stressed then. Hopefully it's all anxiety and nothing more.
I'm pretty sure I do have it after the kids were unwell last week. My whole body is on fire and I keep breaking out into a sweat. Sioer lethargic and now a dodgy tummy. Have had a headache for 3 days too. So convinced it'll kill me x

Charlie1108 I am so sorry to hear you are feeling unwell xxx I really hope you feel better soon, what does your husband say I know u said he was a farmer and had to work. xx please try and rest up and make sure you drink plenty xxxxxxxx it’s so scary I know but my husband constantly tells me that more people survive this than not xxx I know it’s not much comfort when you feel rubbish but my hubby likes facts and he is constantly giving me the figures of how many people are surviving world wide he said the are 174000 recoveries to date. I know I’m like the pot calling kettle here as I’ve only just been saying how terrified I am but I really think there is some logic 8n what he is saying xxxxxxxxx sending healing thoughts and lots of best wishes xx ��

Stupefy333
04-04-20, 09:13
Hi guys. I’m sorry we we all going through this. Myself included. I keep trying to rationalise things and stay away from news and Facebook.
I’ve got some propranolol again from docs and it was helping over last few days but yesterday I started to get running nose. Dry throat and itchy/irritated eyes: which I’ve read can also be symptoms.
I’m freaking out now and chest is feeling tight. Almost as if my stomach is so high up it’s pushing on my lungs not allowing enough air in.
I had to go shopping last weekend. Had major anxiety about it. But once I’d been and come back I was ok for 4 days.
Now im due to go shopping again and this is all happening.
As stated before I’ve had the tight chest, cough on and off for a couple of weeks now. Cough seems to have subsided a bit (More of a tickle with a wheeze) but now with all these new symptoms I keep thinking I must be infected. Especially as mY partner is still working 6 days a week. We have a small 2 bed with our son so not easy to stay apart from each other.
I am barely sleeping. Constantly checking my and my sons temperatures and I wake up in sweats most nights where my whole body aches. Like when you have the flu. I put this down to anxiety but you guys know how it is. With every new symptom you convince yourself it’s the worst. And with partner coming in and out every day you keep thinking you must’ve been infected one of the days. At least if he was in I could feel a bit more certain after a few days of incubation that my symptoms were just anxiety or common cold etc. I feel like if I get it I will be the one to die. I have major health anxiety anyway and always feel generally unwell. It sounds so selfish to be thinking this about myself but it stems from worry that my son will grow up without me. He also has autism and anxiety. I hate this!

Lencoboy
04-04-20, 11:54
Hi guys. I’m sorry we we all going through this. Myself included. I keep trying to rationalise things and stay away from news and Facebook.
I’ve got some propranolol again from docs and it was helping over last few days but yesterday I started to get running nose. Dry throat and itchy/irritated eyes: which I’ve read can also be symptoms.
I’m freaking out now and chest is feeling tight. Almost as if my stomach is so high up it’s pushing on my lungs not allowing enough air in.
I had to go shopping last weekend. Had major anxiety about it. But once I’d been and come back I was ok for 4 days.
Now im due to go shopping again and this is all happening.
As stated before I’ve had the tight chest, cough on and off for a couple of weeks now. Cough seems to have subsided a bit (More of a tickle with a wheeze) but now with all these new symptoms I keep thinking I must be infected. Especially as mY partner is still working 6 days a week. We have a small 2 bed with our son so not easy to stay apart from each other.
I am barely sleeping. Constantly checking my and my sons temperatures and I wake up in sweats most nights where my whole body aches. Like when you have the flu. I put this down to anxiety but you guys know how it is. With every new symptom you convince yourself it’s the worst. And with partner coming in and out every day you keep thinking you must’ve been infected one of the days. At least if he was in I could feel a bit more certain after a few days of incubation that my symptoms were just anxiety or common cold etc. I feel like if I get it I will be the one to die. I have major health anxiety anyway and always feel generally unwell. It sounds so selfish to be thinking this about myself but it stems from worry that my son will grow up without me. He also has autism and anxiety. I hate this!

Your symptoms probably are just down to anxiety (at best) and/or common cold (at worst).

As I don't know your partner's situation it's not really for me to say but if he is working from home (or not working at all), there is no real reason to leave the house unless popping to the supermarket/corner shop for essentials and walking the dog, etc just once per day. I prefer to only visit the shop every other day ATM if possible, and try to get a selection of basic necessities that should cover 2-3 days max.

Stupefy333
04-04-20, 13:52
He works for a quarry. He provides materials for the building trade. Although we don’t believe believe this is necessary work apparently it is and he won’t get paid if he self isolates. Nor will he be entitled to the gov wage funding. Only if the company close and send him home. It’s very distracting. I am only going out for essential food shop and hasn’t and elec. usually once a week. It’s a major ordeal for me when I do. I have to antibac every item I buy when I come home. It takes a long time!

Charlie1108
04-04-20, 16:06
Well I'm pretty convinced I have it (although I'm sure I'll be ridiculed for thinking this because apparently, if you have health anxiety, you are immune from ever getting ill). I'm on day 6 and felt better this morning and actually had an appetite, but now my temp has spiked again and my stomach issues and headache have returned. I can cope with the symptoms but I am truly terrified of it progressing and getting worse. All I can picture is needing a ventilator. The problem is when you suffer with HA you don't really take stats into account and always think you'll be the minority (at least in my case) and always look at the worse case scenario.

fizzymoon86
04-04-20, 16:48
Well I'm pretty convinced I have it (although I'm sure I'll be ridiculed for thinking this because apparently, if you have health anxiety, you are immune from ever getting ill). I'm on day 6 and felt better this morning and actually had an appetite, but now my temp has spiked again and my stomach issues and headache have returned. I can cope with the symptoms but I am truly terrified of it progressing and getting worse. All I can picture is needing a ventilator. The problem is when you suffer with HA you don't really take stats into account and always think you'll be the minority (at least in my case) and always look at the worse case scenario.

I’m exactly the same. I’m 28 weeks pregnant and I’m absolutely terrified of catching the virus. I’ve had a weirdly scratchy throat and occasional cough for the last week and I’ve been crying every night scared to go to sleep in case I wake up and I can’t breathe. I’ve been checking my temperature every day to make sure I don’t have a fever and I’ve been very aware of how my throat feels. It’s been 6 days and it has got no worse and no better so I think it’s just a strange coincidence but that doesn’t stop me panicking every day and seeing myself needing a ventilator and me and my baby being in danger 😭

Charlie1108
04-04-20, 17:36
Oh I really feel for you and anyone who is pregnant during this. I had awful anxiety in my last pregnancy 3 years ago and I cannot imagine what it would be like in this climate. It's awful isn't it though. I felt better this morning and I clearly cursed myself because now I feel horrendous with the fever having spiked again and my head is pounding. It really is unpleasant. I've read about people taking a serious downward turn on day 6 so naturally I feel this is what's happening to me and I'll be hospitalised.
I hope you feel better soon. X

glassgirlw
04-04-20, 17:48
I’m truly not trying to disregard your feelings that you may have Covid. But I do want to point out that every symptom you’re describing can be caused by high levels of anxiety and stress. Headaches, flushing, hot skin, shakes and chills, throat clearing cough, all of these things I experience when i have extreme levels of anxiety and stress and spend a lot of time dwelling on the feelings.

Are there any things you can do that you enjoy, that might help provide you a distraction?

Charlie1108
04-04-20, 17:58
I understand that but I also know my own body and when I'm experiencing something that is out of my ordinary. Hopefully, I won't require hospitalisation so will never find out. Also, my children were ill the week before as was my partner with similar, albeit not at severe symptoms and my son has been in school with one confirmed via testing (at least his parents who are doctors were) and several children in the (very small) school have had the same symptoms as my children. If it wasn't for the actual exposure, I'd be questioning it too. In fact, I spent a bit of time yesterday researching adrenaline surges etc to see if they could cause what I'm experiencing. Then as the day wore on, my sense of smell and taste diminished. I have no idea myself but I can only go by what my body is doing

Gary A
04-04-20, 18:06

I don’t understand this post at all. Are you seriously criticising people for trying to make you rational?

What would you rather? That we all agreed you have Covid-19 and indulge you with the idea more? I mean, wouldn’t that just make you feel ten times worse?

It’s just a fact that even with very suggestive symptoms, the vast majority don’t have Covid-19. It’s just a fact that every one of your symptoms are far more likely to be caused by some other bug or virus. It’s just a fact that you can’t say you have a fever when you haven’t even taken your temperature.

If we said anything else we would just be lying to you. I really don’t understand your attitude toward this.

You’re unlikely to have it, even if you do you’re even more unlikely to become seriously ill with it. I know 3 people who have been confirmed as having it, actually tested and diagnosed. One of them is mid 30’s and pregnant and she is suffering no more than mild cold like symptoms. The other two are 50 and have absolutely no symptoms after 7 days of very mild ones. You don’t read about those in the papers, I’ll leave you to wonder why.

Charlie1108
04-04-20, 18:12
I really have no idea why you are on a forum like this. Is it just to make people feel far worse? The reality is, I have symptoms. The truth, I hope, is I'll never find out. I can't help that my mind races to worse case scenario, but unfortunately, that is how it is for me. Had the rest of my family not had the same symptoms, maybe I'd think it was in my head. But the fact is, they have.

Charlie1108
04-04-20, 18:14
It's hard enough living with health anxiety in general. My partner does not, so I get enough of a hard time there. The same with my family. I turn to this forum for SUPPORT. But all I seem to see now are the same names ridiculing and making people who are clearly suffering (whether it be anxiety or physical) feel far worse. Surely that's not what this forum was created for

Gary A
04-04-20, 18:20
I really have no idea why you are on a forum like this. Is it just to make people feel far worse? The reality is, I have symptoms. The truth, I hope, is I'll never find out. I can't help that my mind races to worse case scenario, but unfortunately, that is how it is for me. Had the rest of my family not had the same symptoms, maybe I'd think it was in my head. But the fact is, they have.

So trying to tell you that you most likely don’t have Covid-19 and even if you do it’s highly unlikely to make you seriously is me trying to make you feel worse is it?

I don’t know what kind of “support” you’re looking for, all I see is someone desperately trying to convince themselves that they’re seriously ill and getting angry at people who disagree. Perhaps you need to ask yourself why you’re doing that.

glassgirlw
04-04-20, 18:28
It's hard enough living with health anxiety in general. My partner does not, so I get enough of a hard time there. The same with my family. I turn to this forum for SUPPORT. But all I seem to see now are the same names ridiculing and making people who are clearly suffering (whether it be anxiety or physical) feel far worse. Surely that's not what this forum was created for

I certainly don’t mean to make light of your symptoms or ridicule you. And it’s very possible that what you’re feeling is not at all caused by anxiety but by some type of bug. It is not a given though that it is most definitely the one and only illness being discussed in the media right now. Having HA myself I totally understand that our mind goes directly to the worst case scenario so I get it. But all these symptoms I’ve been experiencing over the last week or two, I am actively trying to challenge myself that there’s a very very good chance it isn’t Covid, but some other late winter or early spring bug. So really all I’m trying to do is get you to challenge your negative thoughts. I do genuinely apologize if I’ve made you feel worse by trying to help. That’s never my intention. :bighug1:

fishman65
04-04-20, 18:47
I know 3 people who have been confirmed as having it, actually tested and diagnosed. One of them is mid 30’s and pregnant and she is suffering no more than mild cold like symptoms. The other two are 50 and have absolutely no symptoms after 7 days of very mild ones. You don’t read about those in the papers, I’ll leave you to wonder why.Being 54 I find this reassuring, thanks Gary and a reminder that we can easily become buried beneath an avalanche of statistics, nearly all of them alarming.

Gary A
04-04-20, 18:58
Being 54 I find this reassuring, thanks Gary and a reminder that we can easily become buried beneath an avalanche of statistics, nearly all of them alarming.

It’s my aunt and uncle, I had a video call with them last night and they were both p*ssed drunk revelling in the fact they could finally taste their lager and wine again.

Kind of brings it home that the worst they got was the inability to taste alcahol.

fishman65
04-04-20, 19:07
It does give some perspective for sure. And some people I know might go so far as to say a loss of taste might be very beneficial when it comes to my cooking :blush: PS - I'm happy for both of them.

Scass
04-04-20, 19:46

Everyone’s tempers are a little more frayed than before. Lots of anxiety sufferers are looking for reassurance and support. You have to rely on your own coping strategies if you can’t find the support you need.

We should challenge negative thoughts. Sometimes we are so lost in the spiral that we can’t see it, but from what I’ve read of your posts you are reading every story about the virus and scaring yourself crazy.

What do you expect from us? To just say there there you’ll be ok? Because you will be ok, but you also need to get a hold on your anxiety.