PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus concerns cold or something more?

Linsey
24-03-20, 22:22
Hi all

You've probably seen hundreds of threads like this already, but here goes:

I'm feeling like I want to cough, but I'm not actually coughing very much. Does this count as a continuous cough? I don't usually cough much unless I have a cold.
Aches in my body, but not severe. Sometimes I forget about them, then i remember and start feeling them again.
Runny/stuffy nose.
My back and chest feel normal at the moment, so I don't appear to have a high temperature atm.
I've taken some cold/flu remedy and am hoping it responds to that. I really don't go out much, unless it's to go to work, or the odd social engagement, however I do work in retail, where I serve large numbers of customers, so that worries me, although there's no word of any confirmed cases in my village that I know of.

What really concerns me is this: I live with my Dad who has copd, bronchitis, irregular heartbeat, stents in his kidneys. He goes out even less than me and I am the one who does all the shopping/errands/collects prescriptions etc. He's feeling pretty anxious about getting the virus which is not surprising, given his health, and I'm not sure what to tell him. I'm terrified of giving it to him if I have it, but I also don't want to worry him unnecessarily if all I have is a cold.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Linsey
26-03-20, 00:35
No aches and pains today. Still have a snotty nose though, and feeling-like-I-want-to-cough-but-not-actually-coughing.

glassgirlw
26-03-20, 01:30
Honestly it is still the season for regular colds too even though the CV news is running rampant in the media. I think one of the main symptoms is fever so if no fever is present it really may just be a cold?

Linsey
26-03-20, 02:03
That's what I'm thinking too, but then the anxiety and my imagination start running riot...thank you for replying!

glassgirlw
26-03-20, 02:15
Oh I totally understand. I’ve had an on and off cough (more like a throat clearing thing) for the last week or so. Occasional drippy nose. Pretty sure it’s allergies but who knows. I’m just trying to stay away from media as much as I can!