PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat

louise0501
25-03-20, 17:44
Hi everyone. I'm so anxious about the covid-19 outbreak. Since yesterday I have had a sore throat. I'm so worried I have got coronavirus. Do you think i probably have it? I have a slight cough but no fever.

Please reply
Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Kirbear
25-03-20, 17:57
Unfortunately it’s difficult to say without a test and as our country aren’t actively testing then you may never know. It appears some of the celebrities are being tested but I would imagine they are paying privately x just get plenty of rest and keep an eye on your symptoms. There is an app called COVID-19 tracker but I don’t know if it’ll be useful or triggering so proceed with caution (I have it but haven’t looked at it) x

Elen
25-03-20, 18:06
The current advice is to self issolate and only call 111 if you struggle to breath, otherwise it will just run its course.

Treat as a normal cold unless things progess to that stage.

Elen
25-03-20, 18:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

louise0501
25-03-20, 18:16
Where is the sub forum?

glassgirlw
25-03-20, 18:21
Where is the sub forum?

under Misc.

nomorepanic
25-03-20, 18:40
I have had a sore throat for a week now - seems to be around at the moment.

MagicalSprite
27-03-20, 08:37
Anxiety itself can cause sore throats and coughs. Without a fever I’d say it’s far less likely to be that. Try a salt water gargle. Half a teaspoon of salt in boiled water, let it cool and gargle. Do it a few times if once fails to help. Just suggesting because when I worry, I worry less if I’m able to ease the symptoms (salt creates an environment that bacteria don’t like and viruses don’t like either as far as I know) so it’s something you can do. And obviously honey in warm water can soothe x

pb
27-03-20, 17:36
I have a slight sore throat today , no cough or fever.
i live with elderly parents and am terrified.

Cariad1
27-03-20, 18:54
Sore throat here too! Had it for well over a week. I’m putting mine down to hay fever, not sure if any of you tend to suffer from allergies x