PDA

View Full Version : Current fear about fever

anxious_thoughts
25-03-20, 17:55
Hello everyone,

Would an armpit temperature of 36.2 degrees Celsius be considered normal? For a second there I felt myself burning up but I checked my temperature and that’s what I got. I feel anxious about this corona virus that I have obsessively been checking my temperature.

Scass
25-03-20, 18:08
Yes, that’s fine. Stop checking - you’ll know if you have a fever.

Elen
25-03-20, 18:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Jase.
25-03-20, 19:21
Your temp is fine.

As Scass said, you would know. I had a fever last summer and I was vomiting and I just felt absolutely dreadful.

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 16:26
Hello Scass and Jase, thank you for the response

Ive just had the fear of getting this corona virus so my anxiety has been heightened the last few days. I just checked my armpit temperature again and it’s a 36.7 degrees Celsius. I am worried since that is a lot higher than yesterday.

Lencoboy
26-03-20, 17:20
Hello Scass and Jase, thank you for the response

Ive just had the fear of getting this corona virus so my anxiety has been heightened the last few days. I just checked my armpit temperature again and it’s a 36.7 degrees Celsius. I am worried since that is a lot higher than yesterday.

The temperature you currently have (36.7C) is still wide of the mark. It is when it touches 37.8C or higher is when you are in the 'hazard' zone.

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 19:17
Thank you for responding. Temperature has been normal now and I haven’t felt hot today.

Although, almost two weeks ago I had a sore throat and it went away after about a week. Now a week later and I feel a slight sore throat coming on again. Could be allergies? Still worried it’s CV related.

benjy91
06-04-20, 20:53
Just remember there are still hundreds of coughs and colds going around that aren't covid, just look at how many people get tested for similar symptoms. :)