PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what is normal temperature range for armpit?

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 21:45
I have this anxiety and fear about having the virus. My temperature is 36.4 degrees Celsius but fluctuates throughout the day. Doesn’t get higher than this.

Anyone actually know what is “normal” for armpit temperature? I’ve tried to google it but each website says something different.

Thank you in advance!

MRS STRESS ED
26-03-20, 21:50
36.5 to 37.5 is normal xx so why are you worried xx

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 22:16
Hello Mrs. Stressed. Thank you for responding! I sometimes get this wave of heat every now and then and I start worrying and it gets worse. Just now I felt very warm and I had some sweat and I checked again my armpit temp is 36.3. I don’t know if it’s just anxiety making me feel this way or what.

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 22:22
Sorry 36.7 temperature

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 22:53
Armpit temperature is 36.9 now. I’m so worried

glassgirlw
26-03-20, 23:14
Surprisingly anxiety and panic can cause our temps to fluctuate quite a bit too. Might be a good idea to step away from the thermometer and find a distraction for awhile. I’m taking my temp too, limiting it to once in am and once in pm, only because I’m an “essential” worker and am unable to stay home during the lockdown.

anxious_thoughts
26-03-20, 23:55
I’m really trying to but these last few days I’ve become obsessed with it. Google keeps giving me different answers for what is a normal armpit temperature. 36.9 is the highest I’ve ever gotten on this. So I am very worried. It has never reached this high at all this week except for now.

nomorepanic
27-03-20, 00:10
Wouldn't it be better to test it in your ear?

anxious_thoughts
27-03-20, 00:27
It’s an armpit thermometer so I haven’t tried it in my ear

anxious_thoughts
27-03-20, 17:08
Hello all,

Yesterday my armpit temp was 36.9 degrees Celsius. I checked it after feeling very warm. My usual readings are 36.2-36.7. I never usually get this high so I was so scared and I felt myself spiralling due to my fears of corona virus. Im the evening especially it was a solid 36.9 for a few hours. I’m not sure what the normal temp range is for underarm as I keep getting different answers when I google it. Apparently 36.9 is within normal but I always thought we had to add one more degree for armpit temp. So if that is the case it would have been 37.9.

Today I just checked it and my armpit temp has been ranging from 36-36.4 which is the normal for me. Could yesterday be due to anxiety? In the evening I tried to forget about it and then I tested when I felt calmer but it was still 36.9. Would it be normal to have a temp like that yesterday and then the next day it is back to normal?

glassgirlw
27-03-20, 17:20
Our body temps can fluctuate all day long, up to a degree. And yes anxiety can definitely cause your temp to rise.

nomorepanic
27-03-20, 17:24
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

debs71
27-03-20, 18:08
You have nothing to worry about. 36.9 is normal. If it rises to above 37.5, then I would say monitor it.

Anxiety does make you hot, so will confuse matters. I checked my temp the other evening as I felt very warm and sweaty, but I was also anxious. It was 37 exactly. I checked it an hour later, and it was 36.5.

Try not to get hung up on checking all of the time, though I appreciate that is easier said than done! You will undoubtedly know when you have a REAL fever.

Scass
27-03-20, 19:51
When I get quite anxious I can get a higher temperature, and the more I check it, it stays the same.

You are classed as having a high temperature or fever if it’s over 37.5. But even then I wouldn’t be too worried.

Usually if I have a fever because I’m ill I feel ill. I guarantee if you stop checking so much that you’ll feel better. Just try & do something else next time you want to check.

anxious_thoughts
30-03-20, 20:58
Hello Debs,
Thank you for the response! I have decided to stop checking the last couple of days. But I caved in today and checked and it was totally normal at 36.4.

It’s crazy to think that anxiety can do so much to you but I’m sure that was all it was.

The only thing I’m worried about is ive had a slight sore throat and on and off ear pain since Thursday. So I was thinking the worst.

anxious_thoughts
30-03-20, 21:00
Hey Scass, thanks for the response!
You’re right, I was shocked as I never seen it read 36.9 before. My usually temperature stays a lot lower than that. The last couple days I’ve felt normal and I haven’t tested much.

I decided to test today and it was back to its 36.4. Just need this slight sore throat to go away!